1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

USB Power and Macbook (not pro)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR Audio Interfaces' started by cardinal, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cardinal

cardinal New Member

OK so I know that some USB ports on the macbook pro won't supply the necessary power for the audio8...

does the same issue occur with the macbook (black) ?

2. modern0

modern0 NI Product Owner

i have a macbook rev.d (white but it's very similar to the black one, except for hd size and color) and i don't have any problem with the audio8

3. ^^eo

^^eo New Member

For me the A8 works in one of the ports since lately a messup with a midi controller caused one of the ports to stop giving power and so works now when reading small usb sticks but not when something bigger is plugged in.

Apparently it is quite a normal problem with the macbook series and i read that it isn't even a hardware issue but some software problem. Unfortunately i haven't been able to fix it myself yet. A re-install of the OS will probably fix it in the end.

4. harry_Tf

harry_Tf Forum Member

only one of my macbooks have this problem. but for speed of setup i have everything in a usb hub anyways, all my usb cables are bundled together, so i only need one port.

5. cardinal

cardinal New Member

well I just ended up going with a pro, so I should only be using the left port anyways :)

thanks tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.