1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Use Ipad for effects!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by StaticnoyzeDjs, Jul 10, 2011.

1. StaticnoyzeDjs

StaticnoyzeDjs New Member

I have an ipad and an S4, I would use my iphone's potential to add some effects to my performances.

Of App's I know, the "Konkreet Performer" is the best but still could not understand how it connects to traktor (I'm windows user, and it does not help).

Any suggestions?
    Tnhx. ;)

2. High-Tone

High-Tone NI Product Owner

+1

I would also like to connect an iPad along with S4, but I'm not sure how to do so as my TTs are taking the two import jacks. Is it possible to use on Audio 10? If so how would one set it up?

Thanks,
    HT

3. StaticnoyzeDjs

Any Help ?

4. thoms

thoms NI Product Owner

I have a mldi controller on my galaxy tab and it worked fine with TSP via wifi. Dont know if it will work on ipad tho. Is it possible for you to hook up with wifi when you want to use ur ipad?

5. High-Tone

I wouldn't want to depend on wifi. What if I'm at a gig and there's no wifi available? There's got to be a way to run the iPad to an Audio 10 and somehow use the S4 too, doesn't there?

6. thoms

thoms NI Product Owner

No actually I dont think so. Mixvibes uses an Ipad app to control their umix controle pro and it goes by wifi. Andrewandrew plays in clubs using only Ipads via wifi and is hooked up via Ableton.
    Do you have an Iphone or other phone in addition to an Ipad you can set the phone to hotspot and use the ipad via the phones 3g net instead of the clubs wifi. That way you should be pretty safe( depending on your 3g covering at the spot ofcourse:) )

7. padi_04

padi_04 NI Product Owner

You use an ad-hoc wifi connection between the ipad and your computer (you should always do it this way since it also helps minimize latency).

TouchOSC is a brilliant controller app, it has direct MIDI capabilities now so there is no need to use a translator.

You can also get the camera connection kit and plug a USB-MIDI cable to hook it up with your A10 or S4

8. High-Tone

Thanks for the tip padi_04.

I've got the iPad2 networked via an ad-hoc connection, but how do I get it to output the sound to the Mac?

The iPad app that I'm using is the free edition of "DJ Sampler".

9. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

that's a different issue than the messages sent between touch osc and the computer.
    may be you should have a look at that I think here's a really good solution:
    http://www.alesis.com/iodock

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  10. High-Tone

Hey Yul,

Thanks for the tip. The iO Dock looks like a great product. I guess I'd have to run that through an additional mixer to use it in tandem with my S4 though.

BTW, great youtube videos.

11. StaticnoyzeDjs

Yul, good music, good mix's and perfect midi map.
    Can you please tell me where I can download midi map, to my ipad?
    TouchOSC already have, you can make a tutorial to explain how to configure traktor to this midi map?

Sorry for english, I am Portuguese =D
    Tnhx;

12. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

Thanks, I appreciate.
    Have a look at Ipad-dj.net or digitaldjtools.net and the Touch Osc's web site

13. Reenstrømen

Reenstrømen NI Product Owner

I'm running TouchOSC on an iPad2 as well and I'm only using the cam connection kit + ESI Midimate II directly on the S4 via Midi in/out.
    works fine for me...

No other stuff needed. The Osculator app is obsolete.