Solved Used Maschine (License transfer)

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Orangerabbit, May 13, 2019.

1. Orangerabbit

Orangerabbit New Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post and its regarding a question i have. I recently Purchased a Maschine MK3 from a Dj/Producer i have met in a club i do shows in in Maine Really cool guy and he offered me his MK3 since he has a ton of other production equipment he likes better . After coming to agreements we made the deal but he couldnt find his serial card or the other papers it came with. I have heard of the transfer of license with NI products and asked about it he didnt know about it or what to do. He gave me copys of the programs on my flash drive but i stated i wanted the transfer done for multiple reasons he said ok. A few days went by and I called him. He said it wasnt coming up in his account.

So i have sent NI a email asking if its possible for them to contact the owner of the MK3 and sent along the serial number in the email.

My understanding of there license agreement is if they sell the hardware the software must go along with it. is this not correct? And if they dont release the license for the software after selling the hardware isnt that also a breach of the NI contract or ELU? hope thats what its called lol.

Its all new to me but either way its alot of money and im tired if being in the wind without a mk3 to use with its software
    Is there a live link to speak with anyone in NI? ive called the number but it loops you back to the original message over and over.

Sorry for the bad puncuation and grammer errors my 16 month old wants to join in on the conversation. thank you for any and all help.

OR

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Hello,

and welcome to the maschine family, I hope you didn't have paid too much. If the seller didn't move and don't want to initiate the transfer then you have bad luck.
    So if you want maschine software buy the m32 keyboard or an a series one that's the cheapest. With them comes a full maschine version you can use then with your maschine hardware. Only libary is smaller but you can add own stuff or buy from native.

Uwe

3. Orangerabbit

Orangerabbit New Member

ok thats something ill just most likely make him take it back. this whole ELU is not sounding normal to me anyway

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

That's up to you and the price maybe it is worth it if you say you want a partial refund to buy a m32!?

Uwe

5. Orangerabbit

Orangerabbit New Member

i sold two JBL eon 615's to get it at 550 he said he used it for like ten minutes put it away in the box. so id rather get my speakers back at this point sell them again and just buy it new new

6. Orangerabbit

Orangerabbit New Member

he had the massive program the machine 2 program on his macbook but im on a windows so i didnt copy it and thats still not me having a licensed maschine

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Oh - then he had at least give you 200 bugs back then you can buy a keyboard like I said and use it. Is it really in mint condition? The pads and buttons must be white later they become grey - white.

Uwe

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

9. Orangerabbit

Orangerabbit New Member

its mint still white pads

10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

11. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

If he installed the software, he had to authorize it. If he did it, he had to use Native Access. It should be on his laptop. That where its account data, at least the username is stored.
    It is highly uncertain that he used the software without authorize or registrate it before. That would mean that it probably must be in his account.

If you ask me, it is a bit strange. I would get him his device back. Buy an used one from Ebay with an unregistered serial

• Like Like x 1
  12. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

13. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes i would ask for partially refund (it´s a fraud without software absolute clearly if we talk about american dollars or euros) or give it back

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

When buying used, caveat emptor.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Orangerabbit

Orangerabbit New Member

I got my transfer. Just had to walk him thru it.

• Like Like x 4