Useful Tips. lists of Tutorials for new and intermediate Reaktor users

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by sowari, Jan 2, 2007.

1. arturnowak

arturnowak Forum Member

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

Using Reaktor as a MIDI-Controlled effect in Live

In Ableton Live it it is possible to route MIDI to a Reaktor FX, placed in an Audio track

go to this link:-

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_us/attachment.php?attachmentid=7661&d=1196502053

a MIDI track can route MIDI to an Audio track.

The important thing to remember is that you must add the Reaktor FX to the audio track first and then route the midi track to the audio track. Live won't let you route a midi track to an audio track until the audio track contains a plug-in that can receive MIDI!

if you are using your qwerty keys remember; Live's qwerty is just 1 octave - A to K. use Z and X to transpose that octave.

sowari

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2007
  3. sowari

when you first install Reaktor you should always launch it as a standalone before you use it as a plug-in

one or 2 Mac users have reported the inability of Reaktor to launch as a standalone even though it work in their DAW (such as Logic).

for a solution look at this thread:-

http://www.nativeinstruments.de:80/forum_us/showthread.php?t=59765

sowari

4. loadammo

loadammo NI Product Owner

Run multiple standalone instances on OSX / Mac

I posted this in the original thread from 2002, but figured I'd add it here as well:

It is possible to run multiple instances of Reaktor on OSX / Mac by using the following terminal command:

Code:
    open -n /Applications/Reaktor\ 5/Reaktor\ 5.app

Every time you run that, it'll open a new one.

5. sowari

6. sowari

7. DJ DiscoPimp

DJ DiscoPimp NI Product Owner

my top tip would be to buy Kore with Reaktor ...

first because of the preview feature (loading a Reaktor sound for preview in K2 takes about 1-2 sec on my machine) which enables you to switch not only between snapshots but snapshots in different ensembles very quickly ...

second because being able to make controller pages is great for productivity with Reaktor since you can quickly combine any controls you need in logical pages ... even if you don't have the Kore hardware, i find it easier to control a Reaktor ensemble with Kore because the buttons are bigger (i find most of the Reaktor interface elemets way to small for my ageing eyes)

the ability to 'Morph' between snapshots is just the sweet cherry on top :)

sorry i don't have more programming advice to offer ...

8. sowari

9. Unbalanced Beats

Unbalanced Beats NI Product Owner

Id like to thank you all for this bulk of knowledge. It really comes in handy.

10. sowari

11. sowari

some of you might have a download version of Reaktor 5.

if you want to explore some of the libraries that came with Reaktor 3 and 4 - and believe me they are worth looking at, there are some gems, AND they are easier to understand - go to:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=r4additions&L=1

sowari

12. sowari

13. sowari

posted by WestendGhetto as part of this thread:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_us/showthread.php?t=71818

Because a few nice guys at idmforums.com kept on asking how to use reaktor & ableton live concerning automation i created a short videotutorial i somehow was unable to upload to youtube. it explains also how to build a workaround of automating mouse-areas if you're not really into reaktor by simply adding a midi'fies knob. i don't explain everything in detail and this vid was made from scratch without a proper preparation, but it helped at least a few poeple of understanding the 'how to automate..' - the vid was captured and not edited, maybe it helps a few newbies over here as well ?
    http://mimu.eu/video/live_reaktor_midi_2.mov

14. strictpolicy

strictpolicy NI Product Owner

delay

possibly simple but it took me awhile to figure it out.. using the smoothers as time controllers on a delay with feedback gives you seamless control with less clicks and the classic pitch effect like on analog delays

also.. ive been using another sine oscillator to control my frequency and amp on sine oscillators to get better sounding FM/AM, rather than using multiplication

15. sowari

16. sowari

some more Reaktor Tutorials by yoyofishguy:

Hi

There are some tutorials for people that just have started with reaktor on http://www.matsc.net/
    (click on the Reaktor link in Tutorials)

Most of it is basics, but there will be som more advanced programming tutorials later on.als

17. Aleksandr Smirnov

Aleksandr Smirnov NI Product Owner

Nice, but I want Core :D

18. AcousmatiK

AcousmatiK NI Product Owner

Hi,

I'm very interested in that command to be able to run multiple instances of Reaktor stand alone, but I'm not succesfull with it...

Could someone confirm this command works as well on Mac OS 10.4.11?

I have the same architecture "Applications/Reaktor\ 5/Reaktor\ 5.app"
    maybe I don't use the correct caracter here "open -n"?

Cheers!

19. dbalabrat

dbalabrat NI Product Owner

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  20. phlange

phlange New Member

I thought it was just a crappy vocoder! But this actually allows the thing to work!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for this