Useful Tips. lists of Tutorials for new and intermediate Reaktor users

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by sowari, Jan 2, 2007.

1. jackasspenguin

jackasspenguin Forum Member

Great! Read the manual! did all the tutorial examples! tried to add stuff! tried to be adventurous! everything I didn't wouldn't work! tried to insert a simple delay! didn't work. There are tons of stuff in the Library folder not covered in any "tutorial" no mention of using "the finger" When someone can put some tips for new users here that would be great! this program seems to be a bit more complex to simply insert a bunch of stuff and draw lines here and there and make it work. Does anyone make video tutorials for Reaktor? They made a few for Battery! that helped! I'd really like to learn how to use it. it seems very interesting but just reading the manual and knowing what the buttons do and this and that really isn't very instructive. But then again, most user manuals are made this way! "This is what this stuff does! good luck, go get 'em tiger!"

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

3. pianofood

pianofood New Member

idea for new reaktor instrument/not a clue how to execute

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to reaktor, although I've used Max/MSP just a tiny bit. I have an idea for a reaktor instrument which splits a single vocal track into multiple tracks each tuned to midi notes coming from a keyboard. I don't really know the technical aspects of creating this. So far I have a draft that looks like so:

audio in 1 (vox) ---- channel splitter (don't know how to make this!) --- 4(or any number of) Pitch shifters, tuned by connected midi keyboard (this would probably need some kind of mathematical priority control) Is anyone familiar with the korg mono/poly... that board has a really cool priority controller in it that assigns notes as you play them to different analog oscillators in polyphonic mode.

My vision is to have a "keyboard controlled choir" of one singer, unlike a traditional vocoder that uses a carrier/modulator relationship with an oscillator.

Anyone willing to make suggestions or shed some light on how I can start designing this instrument?

Thanks!
    -Alex

4. James Nicholl

James Nicholl Forum Member

An incomplete tutorial for beginning programming in Reaktor:

http://ruinwesen.com/reaktor

Hosted by the good people at Ruin & Wesen.

It started as replies to questions I was getting over at em411.com. I filled it out with some extra and more in depth material, added some screen caps and called it a tutorial.

5. herw

herw NI Product Owner

infos in corecells

Big structures in corecells are sometimes unclear. Infos would be helpfull.
    There is an interesting trick to show several comments inside of corecells:
    Write a text (with formulas and pictures if you want) in WORD.
    Make a screenshot of your text (MAC: <cmd>+<ctrl>+<shift>+<4> and mousedraw) and load it into a draw application (f.i. graficconverter (mac)).
    Save the screenshot as bmp-file and load it as icon (!) into an empty core-macro.
    Infos in corecells.jpg
    Now you have an info in corecells.

ciao herw

• Like Like x 1
  6. oneku

oneku New Member

7. sowari

to log in, use the email that you used to register Reaktor and the password is the one Native Instruments sent you are you registered Reaktor.

sowari

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Sowari, are you saved in your township. Beware of fire.

9. sowari

yes and thanks for asking.

sowari

10. re8

re8 Forum Member

Use the forums. Seems obvious since you are here :) but if you keep reading the forums, the more you will learn.
    If are browsing the forum & can see only a few months worth, use the "Advanced Search" on the left bar.
    Bookmark that will load the Reaktor page & jump down to the post past that header that drives us nuts:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/forumdisplay.php?f=30#f68

11. nox

nox Forum Member

Para los hispano parlantes que no se aclaren con la super traducción del manual de Reaktor ;) , y/o no dominen suficiente el inglés, llevo haciendo un tutorial de Reaktor desde abril de 2011 en un blog(en español, obvio), el link al índice de las entradas:

http://www.hispasonic.com/blogs/primeros-pasos-reaktor-indice/2677

El tutorial empieza desde cero, desde lo más básico de lo más básico (incluso si no has leído el manual), hasta un nivel intermedio. Ahora mismo voy por la sexta entrada, y faltarían una o dos más sobre eventos (estoy trabajando en ello, que es un tema complicado) para terminarlo.

No es un libro para acabar siendo ingeniero de sonido ;) , es un tutorial pensado para ayudar a empezar, y que a partir de ahí sigas tú mismo.

---------------------------

For spanish speakers that have to fight with Reaktor manual's translation ;) , I have been making a tutorial in blog format since april 2011, the following link is the index of the tutorial:

http://www.hispasonic.com/blogs/primeros-pasos-reaktor-indice/2677

The tutorial goes from a very novice (you havent even reading the manual) to an intermediate level. Nowadays it have 6 parts, and im working in one more, maybe two, for the basics of events.

Its a tutorial for begin with Reaktor, not for high levels, only to begin and then you carry on.

PS: I know this is a english forum, sorry for the spanish part, but you know, its a tutorial in spanish for spanish speakers :lol:

12. ofersmi

ofersmi New Member

13. JPaul23

JPaul23 NI Product Owner

14. pillers22

pillers22 New Member

@chris

Not only is it big, long, and boring, but it assumes a lot of background knowledge that i just aint got! I guess without that theres only so much i can do.

15. sowari

maybe start here:

http://www.nireaktor.com

sowari

16. pillers22

pillers22 New Member

Bookmarked!

Thx Phil

17. Joe Joe 2

Joe Joe 2 New Member

18. sampleconstruct

sampleconstruct NI Product Owner

As this is one of the top FAQs, here is an updated instructional video concerning the loading of Sample Maps and Snapshot Banks into Reaktor 5.9.2 and higher:

19. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

20. Kozakahi

Kozakahi New Member

Hello again, I haven't found anywhere how to connect several effects to a "mixer", because two both FX cannot be connected to the same output. How can I do that ?