1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

User kits and patterns

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ew, Apr 25, 2009.

1. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

2. Marcelo Córdova

Marcelo Córdova New Member

3. cblack412

cblack412 Forum Member

Once you add effects and your own twist, its your sample. The agreements usually pertain to people just passing off or selling samples as-is like they created them themselves. But, if you effect it enough, it truly becomes your own sound. That's what most of the kits that are being sold do any way. There are too many with similar sounds. How many snappy 808 snares are there, lol!

4. fusionid

fusionid NI Product Owner

Anyone know of someone who has done (or somewhere to get) kits for latin music/flamenco. Interested in cajon primarly.

5. alpert

alpert NI Product Owner

Here is some cajons, i've recorded:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v71kt4r5o9jbdup/Cajon.zip

I didnt play the instrument, and actually i dont remember who did :) I recorded them for various pop projects. and rex'ed some of them also.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fusionid

fusionid NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  7. bluedad

bluedad New Member

Wow, these are great! Thanks Mango

8. mangoblack

mangoblack NI Product Owner

You're welcome Bluedad! I forgot all about these. Just downloaded them myself to rediscover.

9. suaramantra

suaramantra NI Product Owner

anyone have kit shakuhachi that use it by famous artist ENIGMA at his first album ?

10. Wadjet

Wadjet New Member

Wow, only wanted some sounds to make tunes with, for a f**karound, lol

11. Lowkus

Lowkus NI Product Owner

Technically there's no court decision (in the U.S. at least) that says a modified sample is protected from copyright infringement claims, no matter how mangled it is. But in practical use, if a sound is really mangled to where it can't be recognized as coming from another source, then it's unlikely a copyright claim can be made. That is, as long as you don't go telling people what source you derived your sample from. The reason 808's are copied without modification is that the analog circuits generating the sounds are not based on recorded data, and without recorded data there can be no copying infringement.

It would be nice if everyone posting their kits could describe what kind of copyright treatment they want for it, whether they are putting it into the public domain or not.

12. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. rayill

rayill New Member

14. DatAsian

DatAsian Member

Me and my friends from Majestic Entertainment just released a FREE sample pack,
    this is a collection of just under a 100 samples, free to use however you wish.

Not really a user kit, but I couldn't find a "sample share" thread or anything.
    If any of you want, I can make a quick kit or two, of course ^^
    (Better yet, I'll be sure to make a kit or two, I just don't have the time right now)

The Sample Pack
    Demo song: (also on the website)
    https://soundcloud.com/majestic-entertainment/majestic-sample-pack

if this better be in a seperate thread, i'd gladly delete this post and make a thread for samples and sample packs.

15. Music_Factory

Music_Factory New Member

Is there a way?

I feel like you should be able to browse and load patterns to ANY KIT
    in a fashion similar to how Native Instruments Works

By Catagory
    Rock, Hip Hip, Glitch, DNB, Dubstep, Jazz or
    3/4, 4/4, 5/4 or
    Dense, Sparse, Simple, Loud, SOft, etc...

Browse and Load then that would give you a launch pad for playing Gigs Or
    for Producing songs. Compared to making a library for synths, and drums sounds,
    a midi library for patterns would be SUPER EASY.

Just basic Midi FIles.
    You can make your own, there would be tons of packs expansions I am sure.
    This would basically replace / give TOONTRACK superior Drummer a run for its money.

Seems like a no brainer NI could double their income and user satisfaction with.

ANY WORK AROUNDS? I see this thread for sharing patterns but I don't see really any patterns here or a way to implement?

16. Music_Factory

Music_Factory New Member

AMEN!!!

17. cblack412

cblack412 Forum Member

I think we need a patter forum for each expansion users can share some of their creations made with different expansion packs and a separate user forum for user created patterns.

18. JaneLane

JaneLane New Member

Simply Space is a free collection of atmospheric pads and melodic hits crafted by Nigel Good, a brilliant electronic music producer from Waterloo, Canada. Delivered straight from Nigel Good’s music studio, this exclusive royalty free sound library features a diverse set of spacious melodic pads and emotional synth stabs with lush reverb tails which are the perfect tool for adding depth and lively background textures to your music.
    This library features a set of 64 Samples, 32 Sounds, 4 Groups .
    This Free 99Sounds Library is convert to Maschine. You can download that here.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JaneLane

JaneLane New Member

Project Pegasus is a free collection of dreamy analog arpeggios, lush strings, huge pads and ambient soundscapes crafted by Bryan Lake aka Sound Author. The library offers a diverse palette of warm and spacious sounds.

This Free 99Sounds Library is convert to Machine.
    This library features a set of 122 Samples and 122 Sounds.
    You can download that here.

20. JaneLane

JaneLane New Member

Bass City is a free collection of synthesized bass samples created by Chad Beckwith from PatchArena and Tomislav Zlatic from 99Sounds. The library features a set of 26 classic analog and FM bass patches which have been multi-sampled from three different hardware synthesizers.

This Free 99Sounds Library is convert to Machine.
    This library features a set of 399 Samples and 27 Sounds.
    You can download that here.