Using Kontakt as playback device in Sibelius?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Fritz Feger, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fritz Feger

Fritz Feger NI Product Owner

Besides Logic 5 I use the brilliant notation software Sibelius. Now I'm looking for a software sampler to buy. I understand that Kontakt can be without any restrictions (compared to EXS24) integrated into Logic -- please correct me if I'm wrong. And I also understand that EXS24 is no standalone software and thus incapable of being run by MIDI output coming from non-Logic apps like Sibelius. Has anyone experiences with Kontakt and Sibelius or similar MIDI programs? (I just want to avoid to buy a software which does not work with my stuff...)

Thank you;
    Fritz

2. rolfw

rolfw New Member

Hi,

on the PC you can use somethink like MIDI Loopback Device
    like the one from Hubis. Then connect Sibelius (or whatever
    Programm) to that virtual MIDI device and start Kontakt
    standalone. And then connect also Kontakt to that device.
    On MAC there should be something similar.

...rolf

3. Achim Siebert

Achim Siebert Forum Member

This should be easy using OMS's IAC bus - define a bus named "Kontakt" and select it for MIDI-output in Sibelius, for MIDI-input in Kontakt. Voila.

Achim.

4. Fritz Feger

Thanks a lot, but...

... I should have been more extensive about my system. I have Windows XP. Both solutions you two mention are exactly what I am looking for, but, as far as I understand the online info about this, do not work with XP. Hubis is a 16 bit program. Any hints?

Thanks again;
    Fritz.

5. Steffen Fuerst

Steffen Fuerst NI Product Owner

You can use MIDI-Yoke, this also exist in a NT/XP version. Take a look at www.midiox.com

6. Fritz Feger

T

Thanks a lot, this is indeed a program which does the job. A MIDI port shows up in Sibelius and in Kontakt, and when I get some other minor things straight, I'm sure it will work.

But: Logic hangs up. I have Logic Platinum 5.1.3, and I did not even enter the environment or change anything. I can open Logic, but this causes 100% processor usage, i.e. virtually crashes Logic. What could be the reason?

The problem dissappears after deinstalling MIDI Yoke. And the problem does not appear when I install / run MIDI-OX.

Best wishes;
    Fritz.

7. Steffen Fuerst

Steffen Fuerst NI Product Owner

A run MIDI-Yoke and Logic 5.1.3 on WinXP without problems, but got troubles with CubaseSX, so i must deinstall MIDI-Yoke too. I dont have any idea how to solve the problem, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.