Using microphone without effect in guitar combo

Discussion in 'GUITAR COMBOS' started by cebertho, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cebertho

cebertho New Member

Hi,

I bought Audio Kontrol 1 which comes with Guitar Combo, Cubase LE, ...
    I succeeded using my electric guitar with Guitar Combo, it sounds great ! I also plugged in a microphone, the problem is when I sing in the microphone, the Guitar Combo effect I selected is also set to my voice !
    I would like the effects of Guitar Combo to apply/set only my electric guitar and not the microphone. I did not find out how to set up Guitar Combo to do that.

Could you please tell me what is wrong ?
    Note : I don't want to sing and play guitar separately (pre-record voice or guitar). I would like to be able to do both in the same time

2. assinger

assinger NI Product Owner

Your problem has to do with routing. Set up two mono audio tracks in Cubase, for your guitar track set guitar combos as effect and the input to the input (Audio Kontrol input 2 set to inst impedance) you plug your guitar in. For your vocal track select the input (Audio Kontrol Input 1 set to mic level) where you plug your mic in. Hope it works for you that way.

3. cebertho

cebertho New Member

Ok thank for your advices. It now works better.
    I had to forget Cubase LE and use Audacity instead. I don't know why but when using Cubase LE + Guitar Combo as VST plugin, I got some noises with my guitar... I did not get any noises using Audacity and this tool is so much easier to use !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.