Using Synth in a Case as an effect in Pro Tools 8

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by touched1, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touched1

touched1 NI Product Owner

I've done this before in other DAW's using hardware input channels, but I am not sure how to do this in Pro Tools ver 8 using busing.

I'd like to use the "Synth In A Case" ensemble to process audio. I created an audio track. Created an instance of Reaktor on that track and opened SIAC. I routed audio from another channel to a bus and set that bus to the input of the Track with the SIAC on it. I can see it hitting Reaktor's input meters, but can't hear it in SIAC.

It may be the complexity of the ensemble, and I know I have done this before with hardware channel inputs on other DAW's.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

which snapshots are you trying?

many of the snapshots need MIDI to trigger the Envelopes, necessary for the sound to be heard.

also, you need to patch in the external Inputs and make sure the Channel Input knobs are turned clockwise.

i suggest you try this with Reaktor Standalone first, because then you will know if it is working in Reaktor before using it in Pro Tools.

here is a simple patch that routes both External Inputs through the Filter and then go to the Output.

sowari

Attached Files:

3. touched1

Thanks as always for the suggestion Sowari.
    I have to admit, I was a bit manic yesterday, and should've been more thorough in my testing before posting. I was just trying random snapshots, not being methodical at all. I did make changes at the input stage of SIAC and in the patchbay, but no luck, and I felt like I was stabbing blindly at it.

I'll check out the patch that you posted. For the record, I am not trying to route true "external inputs" through the SIAC, I am using Pro Tools internal busing to get the sound to the track with SIAC on it.

4. sowari

but they are the same inputs whether they are Standalone or in a plugin.

and in terms of trouble shooting, i always recommend try things in Standalone if it is not working as a Plugin. because if it works in Standalone, then it should work as a plugin as well - with the correct routing.

sowari

5. touched1

Thanks again. Sowari, all is working now. Damn, I love this ensemble!

6. sowari

i also love it :cool:

sowari

7. phase90

phase90 NI Product Owner

Me too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.