Using Z1 for decks C+D

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z1' started by lesock, Jul 3, 2013.

1. lesock

lesock New Member

Anyone know if it's possible to use the Z1 alongside the S2 to control decks C+D. Cant seem to find a way myself?

2. basile

basile NI Product Owner

said it wasnt in manual from memory

3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

It says no in the manual (typo in there as well) but you can put the Z1 into midi mode and map it for decks C & D.

Now, how that will work with the S2, I do not know as I don't have one to try. They both work in Internal mixing mode.

Someone need to try an bodge it I guess.

4. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I'm wanting to use one for C&D as well, but with a Z2 instead of S2.

It would be great if they could add in the option of (like on the X1 prefs panel, default setup options) A+B, C+D, A+C & B+D ... automatically re-maps to those channels.

5. deathsythe

deathsythe New Member

can someone sort it out?
    i have a X1,F1, Maschine, S2, i want to control my remix deck C, and live input D with the EQ and volume faders of the Z1,

it would be perfect to make my S2 an 'S4'.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Did you try putting into Midi Mode and create a user map to control those functions..?

7. charlie360x

charlie360x NI Product Owner

I did that even without MIDi mode. Just go to controller options, edit and click AB > CD. I use my Z1 to control deck A + C (I just edited AB > AC option). You will also have to map UV meters and CUE on/off output LED

8. djtide808

djtide808 New Member

It's actually really easy to map the z1 to control decks c and d, its all done via the controller mapping section. If you need help, I could try making a video.

9. Søren Nielsen

Søren Nielsen New Member

Open Traktor and go to Preferences -> Controller Manager -> Select Traktor Z1 in Device (dropdown menu) -> Click on "Edit" -> Click on "AB > CD"

10. sophie101

sophie101 NI Product Owner