Val Halen "Jump"; "Axel F" sounds?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by G.B., Nov 4, 2017.

1. G.B.

G.B. New Member

Not sure exactly where to post this:)

But looking for the lead voices/sounds for Van Halen's "Jump" and Harold Faltermeyer's "Alex F"...?

Thanks!

2. JKG2

JKG2 NI Product Owner

Not related directly to Native Instruments, but you can definitely check out the OPX-Pro2 soft synth, it has all those trademark 80s sounds.

3. G.B.

G.B. New Member

Thanks!

That is indeed the "best" one out there so far.

Is it "patched" for use with KOMPLETE...?

Nothing from NI or any of its partners that comes close...?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. Kimbo72

Kimbo72 NI Product Owner

On my Roland FA-80 is called don't jump polysynth 076

5. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

I am about to process OPX-Pro2 to NKS. It's been on my list to do for a while (as well as more TAL, Air and others I have). When I am unsure but it will be done soon-ish.

6. G.B.

G.B. New Member

Nice!

Thanks!

7. JKG2

JKG2 NI Product Owner

Yay! Thanks Jester, you can be my wingman anytime :)

8. HGU

HGU NI Product Owner

You will find them in Omnisphere.

9. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

So it will be only a windows version since there is only AU and VST 3 from OPX Pro 2 for Mac available?

10. JesterMgee

Ah yeah I remember now why I placed that on the back burner. The dev said it would be non beneficial to make a VST2 version just for Mac since an AU version is available.

It would work on PC but the VST won't load on Mac unfortunately :(

11. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

I asked him again if it would be possible for him to deliver a Vst 2 Version for Mac

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  12. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Edit: He will definitely not do a Vst2 Version for Mac. The reason is that the whole plugin construction is up on vst3 sdk and for the win version he can use a wrapper which doesnt exist for Mac he said. anyone knows about the Vst3to Vst2 wrapper clearly about? Is there realy know vst3 to vst2 wrapper for Mac?

13. JKG2

JKG2 NI Product Owner

Well, I don't assume to speak for everyone, but certainly I would be willing to settle for just a windows version, heck I'd even pay a little more for it if it would help counterbalance the lack of a Mac version.

14. JesterMgee

I will probably still process it. It's in my list of things to do.

The issue in releasing it isn't at all about the cost, it's more about the fact I would have to somehow make it VERY clear it will not work for Mac users.

I get emails constantly, several times a day and I try and keep up but some people really don't help themselves much by not reading things. I have had people purchase presets and then want a refund after they find out it doesn't work in Logic for instance because it wont work with the AU version and they refuse to install the VST version and of course that is my fault because I didn't make it bold and size 82 font saying you need to use the VST version (which I do state on every readme page). That is something someone should be well aware of but I have worked in support and sales for years and know it's nice to expect people will do their homework but they usually don't.

It's just all stuff one needs to consider and another reason I need to charge a small fee to cover things like that and no matter how clear I make things (even to the point I make videos for people that don't like to read) some still seem to just drift right through then want (demand in some cases) I fix their issue. How people's mood changes when something doesn't work first time.

• Like Like x 1