Values are not reflected in[BYPASS] mode.. but they actually are.. (Guitar rig, Reaktor, ..) [BUG]

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by 2046, Nov 27, 2014.

1. 2046

2046 NI Product Owner

Hello
    (Mashine 2.2, Studio controller - driver 33)

It is confusing, the title in the controller behavior too.
    But try it you self.. if you use for example Guitar rig filter and [BYPASS] it you will not be able to change the values (on controller Mashine studio in my case).. or it seams like that .. the number won't change. The truth is that you actually change the value in background, only the controller doesn't show us the changes while in [BYPASS] mode.
    It works as it used to work on Mashine native filtres...meaning the value is visibly changing no matter if in [BYPASS] mode or not.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Issue confirmed here on both Studio and MK1. Bypassed external plugins do not update parameter values on hardware while bypassed.

3. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Do they update parameter values on the plugin GUI while bypassed?

4. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Yes, it's just the hardware feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2046

2046 NI Product Owner

this problem is still there even in 2.3.. why ?
    I can see the value changing in the software but not on controller.. I mean this is important.. I, and not only I want to set up a value before I un-bypass the plugin.. it works on many cases and doesn't work in others .. so confusing.. it always brakes my flow :/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  6. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

STILL a 2.3.1 issue.

Step to repro.

Add guitar rig plugin.
    Press bypass.
    Play with the "Main" "Normal" dial in the Maschine GUI itself (NOT the guitar rig plugin or Maschine Studio).

Expected

Guitar rig normal pot moves.
    Studio parameters update

Actual

Nothing until you hit the bypass button again.

7. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Still an issue 2.4.7 - The pots do move on the desktop GUI but the values do not change on the controller (tested Maschine studio 2.4.7 and Windows).