1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Various Midi Mapping Improvements/fixes...

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Mr36, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

At least play/stop, but also record, tempo, start sampling, and other transport functions should be open for MIDI mapping.

Also, more than one MIDI channel's worth of CCs should be available for use in MIDI mapping (currently Maschine ignores channel information for MIDI learn, so e.g., CC17 on channel 4 is treated the same as CC17 on channel 15).

• Like Like x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

+1
    I agree with a minimal of mappable internal things here and there.

Some will argue but its not like people can buy the software separately and hook a cheap pad controller and have full functionality.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  3. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Although I'd personally like it if everything was as mappable and accessible as in Live (or even Traktor), that is realms away from what I want. Just what I would consider the basics and things that would enhance workflows if a separate controller could trigger them. Sigh.

4. RustyBumpkin

RustyBumpkin NI Product Owner

I could forgo a lot of updates on Maschine if I could get MIDI improvements. I use a lot of external gear with Maschine and play it live, which is who NI claim to market towards so I would like to put forward some suggestions:

- Copy the Container functions from Guitar Rig into Maschine, where you can:
    1. use MIDI CC to toggle FX on/off (which saves CPU and keeps my anxiety down about crashing Maschine mid-set)
    2. edit the range and polarity of CC values inside the software rather than having to make a ton of presets on your keyboard
    3. convert a knob to a switch and vice versa
    - Manually assign CC
    - Have an option to switch between all-global CC and channels
    - Use 1 CC message to control multiple modulations

The best way I can see this being used is with macros, therefore all the crazy MIDI setting you want to make don't mess with all the mapped settings loaded with a VST

5. Tom Mosler

Tom Mosler NI Product Owner

Here is my improved MIDI mapping feature request list:

- Ability to map MIDI Note messages to buttons.
    - MIDI feedback to mapped controller of mapped parameters.
    - Recognise/distinguish MIDI channels of CC's and Notes.