1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Various stuff

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by djquartz, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trat

trat Forum Member

That's the most ignorant disinfo I've ever seen spilled here. Serato actually gave their users added value (loops, effects, sampler etc). It wasn't so long ago when NI even charged for the 2.6 update. I wonder if NI would have been so 'generous' with their update protocol if Serato didn't offer so much value for money...

This is what a Serato user (me) has to say: at least the Serato updates worked and we don't have to use something as bugged down as a 'service centre' that refuses to signal me that there are updates (i.e. workaround = install them manually). I rather have them add new features every time that really work then to get features from the start that don't work at all...

And you usage of the SSL Video add-on is just plain ignorance too: it's a niche product that add a totally different feature to SSL. I wonder if NI (if ever) would add such a large / niche update for free. At least they don't differentiate their products in terms of Pro Vs. Duo, or anything.

I like Traktor better than Serato for deckless usage, but please don't place these ignorant comments that are just plain lies...

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

Chill dude, there is a difference between a lie and a mistake: intent.

Someone can be wrong without being ignorant or a liar.

Are you by any chance a girl? I have seen this kind of reasoning before... ;)

3. trat

trat Forum Member

Don't downplay this in terms of me being NOT chill, or anything. The guy who made the comment is a mod and I trust him to know what competing products offer (also in terms of update policy and content / features).

I'm not female btw, don't know how / why you would think that...

4. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

Calling someone a liar is a bit over the top, if you ask me.
    Karlos is a good Mod, honest and very patient.
    Does not deserve to be called a liar, even if he was wrong.

Why do joke about a girl?
    This reaction reminds me of some discussions I've had with the other sex.
    Basically, no understanding for error, and everything is a direct result of your character.

Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets"
    Q - How do you describe women so well?
    A - I think of a man and take away reason and accountability.

Just a joke dude, nothing personal.

5. trat

trat Forum Member

Well, SSL is a honest product that offers a great value for money especially in terms of their update policy. And, again, I trust a good Mod to know and appreciate this.

I'm very happy for your experiences with the 'other' sex. But I'm (still) not implying the Mod made a error...

Didn't you see me laughing?

6. djmgj

djmgj NI Product Owner

wow, a nice little 2.0 prank turned into a nice heated discussion...

7. trat

trat Forum Member

And please, don't blow this up as to what it is; a discussion.

8. djmgj

djmgj NI Product Owner

a discussion with a little hint of accusations and insults.

9. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

Lie -From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lie (also called prevarication, falsehood) is a type of deception in the form of an untruthful statement, especially with the intention to deceive others, often with the further intention to maintain a secret or reputation, protect someone's feelings or to avoid a punishment or repercussion for one's actions. To lie is to state something that one knows to be false or that one does not honestly believe to be true with the intention that a person will take it for the truth. A liar is a person who is lying, who has previously lied, or who tends by nature to lie repeatedly - even when not necessary.

Lying is typically used to refer to deceptions in oral or written communication. Other forms of deception, such as disguises or forgeries, are generally not considered lies, though the underlying intent may be the same. However, even a true statement can be used to deceive. In this situation, it is the intent of being overall untruthful rather than the truthfulness of any individual statement that is considered the lie.
    ---
    Bottom line - don't accuse people of lying unless you are really really sure.

10. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

The 2.6 update came out over 5 years ago, and it was free. So much for "disinfo".

11. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

12. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

It seems that i missed all this today. I was out shopping for board-shorts in the lovely sunny weather.

No... you can trust me to know everything about Traktor. Everything else i say about anything else is 'opinion'. Something that im perfectly entitled to have, Moderator or not.

I stand by everything i said.

If you dont like the way people speak about Serato i suggest you dont read this forum. Reminder, this the Traktor forum.
    The guys on the Serato forum say much worse about Traktor and ME personally and thats fine.

The last paid update i paid was from T2 to T3 which was possibly the best money i ever spent. It basically changed the way i DJ.

If you had read any of my other posts about Serato you would see that i have huge respect for the company and its product.

The fact that SSL does not offer as much as Traktor and has developed at a slower rate is plain for all to see and that was the point of the post that you dislike. It is my opinion.

As for you calling me a "liar" meh, i could care less. That just shows you up as having bad judgement.

But it does actually bother me when a member of this forum feels that he need to criticise me in such a harsh way. I take my Mod position seriously.

What matters a lot more is to have the support of the members here and more importantly Admin and that, its seems is what i have.

Dude, cut me and i bleed 2khz timecode. Get over it.
    Traktor For Life :D

13. djmgj

djmgj NI Product Owner

probably the cooliest effin one liner ive ever heard!

14. keithos27

keithos27 NI Product Owner

Will this new release finally fix the beep at startup?

15. trat

trat Forum Member

Me too, I called your 'opinion' ignorant...

I don't care what you suggest: I make up my own mind. Thank you. I don't know what you mean with the 'what Serato forum users say about Traktor'. But I should assume this is your 'opinion' again? As if it matters what others say about Traktor users? Thats so childish and makes me go back to first years at school...

I'm happy for you. What point are / were you trying to make with this?

Still you spread ignorant comments about (free) updates being shy on the added features. That is just plain ignorance.

You mean without the 30+ effects that nobody use any more? Besides the looping, I don't see any added value over TFS Vs SLL only that TFS has a cluttered UI. I would never trust TFS for DVS usage, I would use SSL for that. For deckless DJ'ing, TFS beats Itch, but it's a different product actually.

Then you have nothing to complain, right?

I'm happy for you, but my criticism is valid and you make a mockery out of the Traktor user base by being a forum mod that spits out ignorant (biassed) comments.

I'm very happy for your alleged support. I don't need any support to make a point; I do it on my own strength and don't need the support of fanboys. I'm just a Traktor Pro user that tries to distance himself from blind fanboyism and ignorance. I'm not married to any of the software / products I use. If it turns out Live 8 + M4L will be better for me to DJ with, I will trash Traktor and SLL in a second (without trash talking about them)...

Are you still talking as a mod?
    ---
    I still don't know what point you are trying to proof with your crusade? I know what lying means, otherwise I couldn't accuse someone of it...

But thanks for wrapping up a Wiki about 'Lie'. Not something I would ever need to use Wiki for, but still...

16. Karlos Santos

Clearly someone having an opinion that differs from yours makes them ignorant.

Ok. Im just gonna go back to helping people.

Karlos

17. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Go mix some records, XXXX. I'm done here.

18. trat

trat Forum Member

Karlos. I hope you understand that the comment you made that fired this up is either ignoring the facts or just a plain lie. There is nothing in between: you cannot call this a opinion.

I respect that you try to muffle the discussion away as if I'm totally wrong but that's would be plain rude and childish. I trust you to understand this.
    ---
    I think you are the one who don't get it here. But I can respect that...

19. aviray

aviray Forum Member

homie, dont you have anything better to do? Nobody really cares about that sh... . What do you think people here are some fan boy club of whatever product? Most of people are very much aware of pro/ cons of various products, specially those leading in the market.
    Music industry is competitive, software section even more. No classics here, no Les Pauls- if you dont develop others do. Companies have no choice but keep up the game or their users will migrate if competitors offer features that might crucially change the game.
    Maybe Serrato underestimated the competition, got lazy, had too little resources, whatever their problem was......they are way behind not just NI but other companies as well.Wakeup call might come too late. No Ableton might save them as things look like now , Serrato f...d it up big time for themselves by themselves.
    Pity I wish them , all companies the best because competition is good for users.
    Back to Serrato fan boy, write a poem or letter of appreciation to vent your genuine sentiments for a software (seems you have uncontrolable urge to) but perhaps Serrato forum might be better place, where your passion would be appreciated.
    Here I am afraid, you are in wrong place, wrong time, wrong subject (to attack personally someone vastly loved and appreciated by the community is not great idea either)

20. Karlos Santos

@trat, whatever man. Im done here. We wont agree so theres no point in this.

Ok the pointless arguing in this thread stops here.

Back on Topic please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.