Velocity Pops on doubled notes in EWQLSO

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by chargrims, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chargrims

chargrims NI Product Owner

Hi there,

I've recently imported a midi file created in sibelius for a string orchestra. The parts have been imported on to one multi-instrument patch, with 5 string instruments within it.

I keep getting continual 'pops' which in the mix sound like pizzicato strings. As far as I can tell, this is happening when adjacent parts double a note, such as Violin II and Viola.

On soloing one of the instruments, you can hear that the sample basically 'pops' volume wise at the beginning before returning to it's normal volume for the rest of the sample.

Any ideas on how I can erase this problem without loading separate instances of Kompakt?

2. Cyril Blanc

Cyril Blanc NI Product Owner

What player do you use ? K2 ?
    What QLSO do you use ?

3. chargrims

I'm using Kompakt, with QLSO Gold.

4. Cyril Blanc

if you reload the multi and the "pops" continues your problem is the computer and it's DFD settings
    What computer do you use ?
    What are your DFD settings ?

5. chargrims

Hi,

I've got a dual 2ghz G5 powermac, with 1gig ram. The DFD settings are currently on the normal setting, and I've tried it with all the standard DFD settings.

On closer inspection I've found it is specifically with the Violas sus soft patch. And it seems to be happening on note off as well as note on as I thought before, but it is only when another patch shares the same note in the multi instrument.

6. Cyril Blanc

do you mean that you are sending two midi pattern to the same instrument in the Multi ?
    In the multi you must have 2 entries for the Viola, same for Violin, horns .......

7. chargrims

Correction, not just the violas sus soft patch, it happens with a few other viola patches. But I've noticed it doesn't seem to happen at all with any legato patches, doesn't that suggest it's not a problem with the Mac's performance?

8. chargrims

I have 5 instruments, solo violin, violin II, viola, and cello, they are midi channels 1-5, and the patches are set up to correspond with that in the multi-instrument.

Each lines of music is going to separate instruments/patches, it's just that when a viola plays an A, and a cello plays an A at the same pitch, this problem occurs. You can hear they are different patches playing the same note, it just seems the viola 'pops' in velocity at the start/end.

9. Cyril Blanc

can you send me a bit of MP3.

10. chargrims

11. Cyril Blanc

this is weird ! never had that !!!!

Do you want me to try you piece with QLSO platinum !
    Send me the Logic song !

Indicate the program you are using !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.