1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Vestax Vci-100 - New Firmware In The UK - The Scoop!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by Dickins, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobyelkington

tobyelkington Forum Member

OK.. just special delivery'd it back to leisuretec with a returns no. i got from the retailer, it's a good job I haven't got any festive gigs lined up this year!

I'll keep you posted...

2. djaxe

djaxe New Member

I bought my new VCI-100 a couple of weeks ago. It's revision 1.2 and as wgdavis78 said there is still some ramp up... I played with all the possible settings (both on the VCI and on Traktor) but with no luck. It's not a big deal since playing house I rarely scratch but....

3. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

4. wgdavis78

wgdavis78 Forum Member

hehe glad i am not alone DJAxe...hehe yeah i spin house as well so it isnt a biggie....i just use the play buttons and jog wheels to get it on beat....are you reffering me and djaxe to download that tksfile paddy?

5. tonykenobi

tonykenobi New Member

same problem

hi all got my vci today, and yes im having the same problem. mine is a 1.2v and im still getting ramp after you let the jog wheel go.i also just play dance stuff,house etc, but it makes it that bit harder when the jog does not respond the way you want it too!

also its annoying most of the led's dont light up,like when you hit cue for a channel, it stays orange,so you dont know what channel is cued without looking at the screen.also when you hit loop,it doesnt light,same for key ,oh i could go on.

i found a traktor 3.3 tks file on vestax.de, bit th files make no difference.you let go of the wheel and it takes half a second to get to normal speed.ive tried every setting possible,no difference.

also,while adjusting the sensor knob on the back,one of them just fell off! I used a very small screwdriver to turn it,and just as i put it in,it came off,like it was just sitting there,not really impressed with my first purchase of a piece of Vestax equipment.

but im sure with a bit of fiddling around il get the rest of the controls to do what i want.just thought id let anyone know.

6. tonykenobi

tonykenobi New Member

also anyone any tips on getting the x fader to work.ive it moving from side to side,but still both channels play and the xfader makes no difference? thanx in advance.

7. Dickins

Dickins NI Product Owner

That doesn't sound like the 1.2 firmware. Does it have a green sticker on the back near the serial number?

Also, when you press both vinyl buttons, do the platter lights go out and deactivate?

If so, you've got Ver 1.2.

Thats what Ive got and I don't experience any of the issues you talk of.

Maybe your TKS file isn't right.

Try mine.

8. tonykenobi

tonykenobi New Member

yeah,defo 1.2,ive the sticker and jog wheel cancellation option.where is your tks file?

9. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

Exactly ;)
    To stop the ramp up you need to load the new tks file.
    The reason for this is that the vci with the new firmware sends the old version of midi data and the new one at the same time. So you can change between ramp up and non-ramp-up version in the midi settings.

http://www.vestax.de/products/downl...I_100_Traktor3_3_REV_CDJ_Mod_DJ-Corner_de.tks

10. wgdavis78

wgdavis78 Forum Member

tony that is odd. when i press cue to listen in my headphones the cue button goes green to what channel i am listening to. and when i depress it it goes back to orange.

i downloaded a tks file that has been revamped, and it uses the correct layout for the effects as well...from left to right with the left effect button turning it on......i have traktor 3.3, hopefully you do as well....

i will try to upload the tks later or find the link.

11. wgdavis78

wgdavis78 Forum Member

to paddy dj....

with that tks file, does it just fix the ramp up problem, or does it map buttons to commands as well? the tks file i have maps buttons to commands....

sorry i am new to this midi crap...but i like it.

12. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

:D
    Yes, it does also map the buttons to all functions in T33. A workaround has also been applied to the tks. Button 1 in the effect section on the vci is actually the 4th button in the Traktor 3.3 Layout. Button 4 on the vci referres to the 1st button in the T3.3 Layout. But actually that's no problem at all!

Button 1 on the vci is ALWAYS for taping for the effects. Button 4 on the vci is ALWAYS used to turn on an effect. This is all you got to know. The two buttons in between correspond exactly to the layout in T3.3 (e.g. button 2 on vci = button 2 in T3.3)

I found this workaround to be the best solution and I got no problems using the effects. With this workaround you can also use the effect buttons (above the cue buttons) for A/B!

13. djaxe

djaxe New Member

14. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

If you look at the midi settings, what midi data is sent in 'Deck Scratch On'? For the new firmware it should be 'Note A#3' for A and 'Note H-3' for B. If you really have the new firmware and the new TKS, there should be no ramp up. If you turn the wheel backwards after scratching then there will still be the ramp up but that's a problem of how Traktor is programmed. What you mean could be if you're turning the wheel forwards very fast then the track speeds up after releasing it but it will not come to less then 100% speed what, if it happened, was defined as the ramp up. Maybe it's also a problem of the sensitivity. I have set my wheels to 15% in 'Deck Scratch'. Just try that!

PS: Would be nice to see a mode to engage real CDJ bahavior for the vci100 which means that the track doesn't speed up/down when the midi data for 'Scratch Off' is sent.

Also it'd be cool if NI kept vci100 owners in mind and added an option to change the positions of the buttons in the effect section. Actually, that would be to swap button 1 and 4 which should be no big deal.

15. Digital-Knight

Digital-Knight New Member

Last week I spent TWO WHOLE DAYS on the phone talking to Hard To Find Records & Leisuretec trying to get threw this mine field. It was very difficult to get a clear picture of using 2 x VCI-100.

I ended up buying a unit from Hard To Find that was branded as the Mixvibes version (becuase I couldn't get my hands on a basic one) and once I'd installed the correct .tks file the unit worked fine, it was just too confusing having all the buttons labelled differently. So I took it back to Hard To Find a few days later as they now had stock but even though I told them I want to use two of these to run the four decks in Traktor they have still given me the older version (despite the fact that leisuretec say they aren't shipping that version anymore and Hard To Find only get there stock from Leisuretec) if you return your older version of the unit to the dealer you purchased it from then you should be able to get the hardware updated free of charge, but I don't expect to have to spend this much time and hassle on a unit costing £350 and then go without it for a couple of weeks whilst they sort their act out!
    Pro DJ's need their kit available MOST of the time. I even offered to drive to Leisuretec and wait whilst the upgrade was done but was told it must come from a dealer!
    The unit it brilliant for controlling Traktor but if you've got enough dosh to buy two to run 4 deck control I would seriously suggest looking at a tablet touchscreen PC that will give infinite midi control.

16. Dickins

Dickins NI Product Owner

My TKS

Hey tonykenobi - Here's my TKS.

Use DJ Smex's online viewer (Link below) to see how I've mapped everything.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48508

I know I've got firmware version 1.2 on my VCI-100 & with this TKS there's no ramp up.

Hopefully this will sort everything out for you.

If not, I'm stumped.

By the way, I'm Mac based. I don't think that will affect how this is read by a PC, but you never know.

Attached Files:

17. tonykenobi

tonykenobi New Member

hey,thanx for the tks file, ill give it go now.

i got my vci from hard to find but i made sure they sent me a new version, i told them on the phone if i didnt,id send it back as soon as i got it. the guy on the phone didnt really care what i did with it, as long as he got the sale through.

but ive the 1.2 version so im happy. oh,i got the leds to work as they should,sorry. i hadnt got midi out ticked in traktors prefs.

Dickins,im mac based as well, so hopefully it shud fix the problem.

18. tonykenobi

tonykenobi New Member

Hey paddydj, i took your advice on the scratch on, and hey,its worked!

Huge difference.my scratch on before was c3 and c(sharpe)3,but after i changed,i no longer have a speed up in sound,it just goes off perfect.where did you get this? what is the difference? is there tks file out there i dont know about (after alot of searching,i thought i knew them all lol)

Dickins,i tried your tks, it gives me the same effect i was getting with myown files,but i changed the deck scratch to what paddydj recommended and hey its so much better.

19. wgdavis78

wgdavis78 Forum Member

right on ...i think i need to try this tks file out.. i stayed at my girls house last night and didnt get to play with my music maker. but i got to play with hers lol....

yes the tks file i have has button 1 on the effect correspond to turning the effects on, and button 4 is for taping...just like in the window on traktor....i think i will try changing the values in the scratch section.

on another note....i dont know if this is normal or not....but even if i do not have the cue buttons pressed i do hear the main mix in low volume in my headphones....it doesnt really bother me ....and i do have the monitor select in the middle...is this normal?

20. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

^^Dude I think you should have monitor select all the way to 0 to hear only the cued track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.