1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Vestax Vci-100 - New Firmware In The UK - The Scoop!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by Dickins, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonykenobi

tonykenobi New Member

or it could be your sound card and how its set up.

2. JCO

JCO Forum Member

Hey Telly:

Is your VCI-100 + Trigger Finger .tks for 1.2 update?

3. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Funny you should post that, I'm not sure now and I actually logged on to use the online tks analysis tool....back in a few to update...

4. TeLLy

Ah it's NOT! Boourns, and here I thought my very light touch meant something...I'll be posting up an updated modified tks based on the download posted earlier in this thread....

**update** modified my TKS for ramp-less goodness.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  5. Maniax

Maniax New Member

I tried this new file. I feel like I'm still getting ramp up. Can someone post a movie/mp3 of how rampless is supposed to sound? If I just put my finger on the jog wheel, and then release, I hear a slight "wah" which I assume is spinup/rampup. Any ideas? (Brand new VCI-100 w/green sticker and sticker on front that says 1.2)

EDIT: The ramp up seems to be mitigated when I push the wheel a bit forward, like pushing a real record to speed. That would seem to emulate the physics correctly. Does that solve my "problem" If so, sorry, I'm a scratch newbie. Anyone here willing to give some lessons? ;)

REEDIT: Not sure, can't figure it out. Anyone?

6. TeLLy

Which new tks did you try? Use the online tks tool (sticky on this forum) and see what notes trigger scratch on with both decks.

7. Maniax

Maniax New Member

I used yours, the last one you posted. I double checked, thost are the "right" notes according to paddy (although, they are the same notes one of the effects buttons uses). Can you post a sample or something perhaps?

8. TeLLy

I'm not at home, visiting gramma for the holidays but I've actually played the VCI right after doing a set on the Tech12's and I had no problem releasing right on beat. Day and night compared to the old TKS. Probably just takes a little practice to get into the groove, seeing as how you're new to the whole scratch thing.

9. Maniax

Maniax New Member

With this new black VCI-100 coming out (as per ean golden's post), do you guys think it's worth to upgrade? I just got the VCI, and I'm thinking about giving it back to get the new one...

10. TeLLy

11. DJ G-R-Bs

DJ G-R-Bs NI Product Owner

I'm from OC too. :)

12. DJ G-R-Bs

I'm selling my one month used VCI-100 in replacement for the BLACK VCI-100 to match my set. Anyone interested?

13. Dickins

Dickins NI Product Owner

WTF?

Its the same thing in Black....

What's the big deal?

Take your plates off and spray 'em...

I thought yall were DJ's, not fashion victims....

I want one too.....:)

14. Maniax

Maniax New Member

It's supposed to have enhancements as well, no?

15. DJ G-R-Bs

Most of my equipments are BLACK! except for the VCI-100. Gotta color coordinate! Haha :D

16. paddydj

paddydj Forum Member

I'm thinking about buying the black one ,too. But I wouldn't want to sell the old vci100. Instead, I'd rather like to take out the inner live of the vci100 and build a bigger case for it with bigger wheels spinnin'! I have no idea of how to do that but that be definitely big fun! :D Maybe a new challenge for Ean Golden or a great idea to build a vci-200

BTW: Another good improvement is that the black edition has blue lights only.In comparison, the green and orange ones on the silver vci100 look a bit toyish.

17. Maniax

Maniax New Member

paddy, so how's the 'scratchability' of your vci-100? With the 1.2 fix it's lookin' ok? You have a video/demo you can show us?

18. OnePhatDiva

OnePhatDiva NI Product Owner

Whats the vista situation on this vci 100.. is it rock n' rolling or grinding to a halt.. this new black one work better ? Looking to buy one of these controller things.. yet another mine field it seems ! ;-)

19. Dustek

Dustek New Member

Isn't the ramp up dependent on the mixing mode setting in Traktor? If you have CD set, you get instant ramp. If you have vinyl, it goes waahhh.

20. sarper

sarper Forum Member

how much are you asking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.