1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Video Mixing

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by davscanlon, Oct 8, 2011.

1. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

I would like to see Native Instruments introduce a video plug-in, as most other digital mixing platforms support video mixing, it seems NI are reluctant to go with video. I hope they do, this would be essential to all vdjs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

3. OpaDirty

OpaDirty NI Product Owner

4. davscanlon

davscanlon NI Product Owner

Explanations?.?......?..

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

This subject has been discussed over and over and at length in multiple threads.

I should close this in accordance with the rules but... lets go round one more time;)

Over the years that this suggestion has been made (and ive heard it many times) it gets very little love from Traktor users. Sure, one of two are very vocal on the subject but there has yet to be a ground-swell of opinion or backing for a video plugin as opposed to say, the call for a Sampler which was hugely demanded.

Most people seem to want Traktor to stay audio-centric.

6. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

Comin from a video background I say -1. I thing separate VJs are a lot better than a DJing trying to do everything.

Top 40 crap I don't really give two shits about anyway.
    ---
    The only thing that I'd like is for everything to be midi synced so for example Traktor could be analyzing the different frequencies and sending out mdi data or when you moved an fx kob it would also send midi data, then all this data could be sent to dmx led setups or vj programs and then the visuals would react to what the DJ was doing.

Then you could see some great cllaboratons between DJ/vj

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. vladimirprieto

vladimirprieto New Member

really? i'been searching for this subject and it took me a while to get into this one. ok, maybe i'm a little "slow" :)

been using traktor for about 2 years. at the beginning the video thing it didn't bother me. but the more time pass away the more VJ is getting popular. it's true that video is not a required in a bunch of clubs, but it's also true that the visual thing is a plus.

so, let's say you are a club owner and you have two DJs to hire. both are good on the music stuff, but one of them additionally use video on his performance. wich one will you hire for your club? obviously the one that gives you more.

that way i'm seriously thinking about moving to another DJ/VJ software cuz traktor seems to definitely will not add the video feature. BTW, this feature can be implemented in a way that DJ that don't want it could turn it off. so...what's the problem? i only see good things if video is added.

and...one more thing:

a good step on this road, would be that traktor could play (just music) video formats (avi, mpeg, vob's, mkv, etc). so, when the time for video comes (hopefully), i would have all my files analyzed and scanned ;)

not sure about this...really. maybe you mean: "most people seem to want use Traktor just for audio". wich is not the same.

in the way that i see, audio & video can live both in our favorite software...Traktor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. audiodevice

audiodevice NI Product Owner

Yes! Please!
    This would be awesome.. but I´d guess this should be in a unique thread?

9. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

It would be great

10. aviray

aviray Forum Member

I do both VJing and DJing and most definitely do not want, need mix, fuse the 2 jobs. VJ is incredibly demanding, you need much bigger archives, library then for audio (the eye is less forgiving to repetitions the ear) lots of preparations, editing etc. Then in performance there there is hell a lot to do, even too much for one person. I prefer working in VJ team anytime.
    There was a time few years back that everyone wanted to do so called AVI shows combining both (myself included, even my nick, origins from those days). Confronted with real life stage demands you learn that it is workable in bigger teams but for single performer. There is simply too much to do just for one or even 2 artists.
    When I DJ or do live act, I higher a VJ and do enjoy doing VJing for bands, Djs etc.
    NI has enough of top endorsers to know what is going on, what are needs. I think 2-3 years back they were even looking for video developer. I quess with time they realise there is no market , need for video extension.
    That such plugins exist for other softwares ? If you know anything about video live, all those are too basic, primitive and useless from any serious VJ point of view.
    Last not least there is no money in VJ software, the market is so small that if it exist at all is due to passionate fanatics who do not care much about material side and do their thing- for example Resolume developers.

11. blackielox

blackielox New Member

Syphon compatible output

I recently made the switch from Serato to Traktor but the ONLY reason I still have Serato is for VJ purposes.

Even if Traktor doesn't get it's own dedicated video mixing plug-in... I suggest a "video out option" so that users can output (atleast) two video channels to Syphon compatible VJ software (such as Modul8). MP4 files are already supported in Traktor, so I don't see why this would be hard to implement.

More info on Syphon here for those interested...
    http://syphon.v002.info/

12. derajj.com

derajj.com Forum Member

+1 asap

13. Sww1235

Sww1235 New Member

also you could add external VST/AU plugins so people who wanted could output midi from inside the plugin to control external devices/software

14. sonido los reyes

sonido los reyes New Member

yes i vote for video add there is a lot new dj who choose anthers sofwares just because the video

15. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

n.i. really need to up their game badly even if i know they won't read this

16. electro_fiend

electro_fiend Member

17. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Actually NI do read the feature suggestion threads. However, just in this thread there are almost as many -1 as there are +1 so the net result is only 1 in favour and if I add my -1 the net result is 0, as opposed to the smart playlist thread that has 7 pages of +1.

NI are listening. As Karlos pointed out there is just not enough ppl who want it vs those that don't

18. mastermc

yes i agree but they need to follow what's out there and their competitors . If tere are so many peopel who want smart play lists then what's the reason for not implemting them years ago ?

19. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Traktor playlist and browser is a major core subsystem of traktor and does not get overhauled overnight as much as we would like them to. We are looking at a major rewrite of the whole library management. I'm sure they will get there in time.

20. mastermc

This should not take years to do .