1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Visual stutter

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by diamond808, Dec 20, 2013.

1. diamond808

diamond808 New Member

I am getting some visual stutter (not with the sound) that usually happens when I first load a track and start mixing it in.

Anyone else getting it? Any tip to make it stop? (turn off some service or something?)

iOS7 on the iPad with the latest update.

Little nervous about it turning into a sound stutter....have a Christmas gig.

2. ibob

ibob Active Member

I get visual stutters too. And audio drop outs. Havnt found a solution to this yet. I'm on ios 6. Make sure all other apps are closed . Ni have been working on this for months now (I hope).

3. Wayneibz

Wayneibz Forum Member

Yes we hope so... (Months now feeling like years.....

4. stygma

stygma Forum Member

I have visual stutter, sound dropping out and program locking up, iOS 6, iPad 4 128g, latest Traktor Update

5. freundberlin

freundberlin New Member

Confirming sound dropouts on iPad Air, 128Gb after latest update.

6. stygma

stygma Forum Member

I was able to fix my issue by turning off Dropbox sync, but I kinda want to continue to use it.

7. thebeatworx

thebeatworx Forum Member

Wait for all tracks to finish analysis... Close out background tasks.

NI is working on the audio dropouts.

8. stygma

stygma Forum Member

I do both things you suggested, the only thing that worked for me, was turning off dropbox sync

9. ibob

ibob Active Member

Thx, I'll try the drop box sync cos to be honest the visual stutters seem to be alot worse on ios 6 since the update..and tonite I'm getting a double 'quick' audio drop . Not cool.

10. stygma

stygma Forum Member

Yeah, every update seems to make things just a little bit worse

11. Alexinhomg

Alexinhomg Forum Member

I have the same issue right now, since ios 7 the music apps are sheit, i had another one but the music froze almost in the middle in some tracks

12. basile

basile NI Product Owner

Don't have this issue on an iPad 4 128g running iOS 6, just to let you know - i use it with an s2 and z1

13. diamond808

diamond808 New Member

well, I did get through the Christmas gig....had the visual stutter quite a bit....and one 2 second audio dropout (1.5 hour set).

I checked dropbox and it wasn't even turned on yet. I'm using the z1 but it does it without it as well.

guess we have to wait for an update that will hopefully fix it. I have a longer new years gig to do now....hmmm

14. cvsi

cvsi New Member

What I've found as well, is it visually stops when you play a long track. When I play in bar/restaurants, I often put a mix on when I eat for their "dinner hour". A few times the track shows it has frozen after about 40 mins. Not really a big deal to be honest and it's never done it for a normal length track. As others have suggested, I always make sure that TDJ is the only app open.

15. ibob

ibob Active Member

So I've turned off drop box sync , and now I'm always in airplane mode. Audio drop outs are still happening, visual stutters still there ...

16. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

Could it be a low memory problem?

I see at least one person above has issues with a 128Gb iPad but that could be occupied memory in one instance and an ios7 issue in the other.

Or maybe the way the ipad or the app allocate memory as the buffer for the tracks is causing problems. That's what cvsi's issue would suggest, with it never happening on individual normal length tracks but visually freezing after 40 minutes into a long pre mixed track.