Volume on Remix Deck

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by jobushwick, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jobushwick

jobushwick Forum Member

Everytime I load a Remix set into the F1 the volume is so low and i have to go in and adjust. Is there a way to not have to do this everytime I load it?
    I was hoping for some sort of auto gain method to match the deck I am already playing.

Not sure if this is a 2.5 issue or there is a trick to the F1.
    I know how to turn up the volume on each remix slot but it's sorta time consuming.

2. trux

trux NI Product Owner

there is an auto gain option, it is in your preferences > kontrol f1

turning volume up on remix slots is not time consuming. you just hold shift and move the fader to give yourself headroom then release and move fader. pretty easy really.

volume adjustments are saved when you save a remix deck

3. trux

trux NI Product Owner

yikes, it is actually in prefs > remix deck ;)

4. jobushwick

jobushwick Forum Member

Tried it and it works a bit sporadic. Still have to raise the volume on some.

5. mrkleen2010

mrkleen2010 NI Product Owner

It isnt magic. It wont automatically fix poorly recorded loops and samples.

But once you establish your volumes and then save your remix set....you wont have to do it again.

6. John Carpenter

John Carpenter New Member

I am having the same problem. Extremely low volume on remix decks. I have turned the auto gain on in preferences and turned the remix deck volume right up, though this I had to do in the software as the shift+fader didnt work. The thing is the sample isn’t too quiet I have the same sample in deck B and it plays at normal volume lol, just seen this threads 7yrs old!

7. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Each sample Cell has it's own Gain knob in UI (Set remix deck size to Advanced)

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Carpenter

Thanks for the reply Stevan, I literally just discovered this about an hour ago. Nonetheless thanks for taking the time to reply!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

If you own an Kontrol F1 you can access this function without changing the UI. Hold SHIFT and adjust Volume Fader for an active sample. Pulling it down increases gain (in addition to turning down volume), Pushing it up decreases gain (in addition to turning volume up). The +/-12dB range is a bit like the main deck's auto-gain.

• Like Like x 1
  10. John Carpenter

Thanks for the reply. I dont unfortunately. I am however using Acid Alex’s midi map which allows control of the extra fx and beat jump/loop mode as well as some more functions. Maybe take a look at mapping some control for them myself..

11. Sûlherokhh

Sadly sample gain can't be mapped. It's a Kontrol F1 exclusive function (and software+mouse). If you prepare the samples in a remix set beforehand this is not a problem, but it disrupts the workflow if you like to rip loops on the fly. This is one of the reasons i bought one. Not to go on an advertise rampage but the F1 has one more function for the second workflow that even software+mouse & mapping does not provide: You can nudge the sample beatgrid very precise, which i sometimes find more useful (for on-the-fly work) than the quantized beatgrid jumps in the software.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John Carpenter

It does sound like a way forward. My biggest problem is desk estate!

13. Sûlherokhh

I never regretted getting one. :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. John Carpenter

Yea looking at the manual now get my head round the full list of extra control.

15. Sûlherokhh

Very intuitive too.

16. John Carpenter

Been checking the F1 out people still asking a lot for used ones considering been out for 7yrs now. Some places want almost as much as I paid new for my S2 MK3 (£219). Ive seen them new for just short of £200 at some places and best new price was £138 on Amazon but just above my budget this month.

17. CosinusOmega

CosinusOmega New Member

I bought an F1 several months ago. It's really nice piece of hardware, I recommend it.