1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

VST Plugins

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by speedycake, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedycake

speedycake New Member

Probably not just exclusive to S4 but after seeing that Torq users have access to VST plugins I am feeling mighty envious.

Probably not sound generators or of that sort but the idea of having VST plugins for effects and what not is very enticing. Not sure how well it'd play out with the added load onto soundcards but I think it's a highly useful and marketable (*cough*marketingareyoulistening?*cough*) idea.

2. manoob

manoob Forum Member

the only problem would be it might get less stable to run traktor with vst.

3. merderah

merderah Forum Member

i would love to have vst plugs assignable to each channel and also on master. stability wouldn't be too much of an issue (most vst plugs are pretty solid), but performance might suffer a bit - depending on how cpu hungry the plugs are.

4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

You'd be surprised how many aren't solid enough for live implementation

5. will4laptop

will4laptop NI Product Owner

+1. Imagine running MASCHINE inside of Traktor OR Tratkor (as a VST) inside of Maschine? Amazing live performances, especially for hip-hop. That would certainly eliminate any advantage Serato/Ableton had with "The Bridge".

6. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Well if you integrated Maschine in Traktor (or vice versa), you'd be cooking with gas, as Maschine now hosts VSTs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.