1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

VST versus Standalone

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Byxx, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Byxx

Byxx New Member

Dear NI Community,

Here are snapshots of a Komplete Kontrol Software used standalone and as a VST PlugIn. You can see that one instance is loading properly (Standalone), the other (VST) cannot load any instruments. I assigned some VST Folders in the DAW, where I could locate NI Installation spots. besides the standard VST Folders, which I try to populate only manually, NI installs a Native Instruments Folder also, which I added to the collection . I managed to recognize a prompt, saying to manually scan from within the VST PlugIn, which lead to no further success.
    Where is the problem for the VST PlugIn not loading content when working in the DAW?

I use Samplitude Pro X4 on WIN 10

THX

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Depending on your situation and plugin locations, you may need to run it with Administrative rights to scan the plugins. Have you tried that yet?