Solved Vsti container to route midi

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by AndreasHe, Oct 6, 2019.

1. AndreasHe

AndreasHe NI Product Owner

Hi, does anyone know if there exists a kind of vsti container to hold at least 2 other instruments to enable midi channel transport from first instruments output to seconds input?

Why? I want to use cthulu arp which produces midi out, for midi input for a vsti. Maschine does not support midi out routing itself.

Best regards

Gesendet von meinem Pixel mit Tapatalk

2. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

maybe MUX Modular? haven't tried using it inside Maschine.

3. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

yep, look up "mux modular - external midi generators" on youtube.

4. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndreasHe

You are great! Thanks! I used the free minihost and and seems to work. That expands the capabilities.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

Thanks Andreas. you are very welcome. but to be fair: Image Line's crew are the ones to be called great :)

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Been testing minihost, it's interesting... A cool surprise is how it enables plugins windows from a 3rd party vendors to remain pinned on screen, however, it crashes Maschine a lot for me, is it stable for you guys?
    Does it work with KK-S keyboards? For me, it gets stuck displaying one Instrument only.

8. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

i too had a lot of crashes with it sadly...
    it's a shame it seems Image-Line will never officially launch it - it will remain beta AFAIK.
    but for the odd situatoins where one/I need a midi-fx inside maschine, it still does its trick....

9. D-One

Dang... I've been using it for a while now and even though it crashes Maschine every now and then it's still pretty usable.
    I got excited when I saw it has a Piano Roll then realized it's a dumbed-down version, if Image-Line would put the real FL Piano Roll and all it's MIDI functionality there I would pay good money for it.

I wonder if there are more solutions like this one out there with more functionality or more stable.

10. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

a little info for you all (and some "trickery" to try this all out):
    they could easily sell it for good money, i know. but they focus on their main business. in FLStudio itself we've got patcher (their "solution" for everything), in wich you can do whatever you want (and as it seems: as A LOT of YOU want :) ....just a screenshot for you all (in the end a "one click solution" for multiband-whatever you want freak setup (sounddesign/mixing/producing...):

upload_2019-12-12_21-2-56.png

11. D-One

What... The... #$%# is that? Looks like Reaktor or Max For Live. Multiband Pre EQ > Compression > Eq + a limiter for each band? It looks like a manual version of iZotope Ozone... Then again I am not sure what i ma looking at. :D

12. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

you are looking at the "inner workings" of a multiband-distortion-preset of patcher, created with "fl-studio-on-board-tools".
    ofcourse i was just "showing off", what kind of tools there are in FLstudio. there's off course a "Panel-view" with a UI to controll that thing too....

edit: i am not even sure why i posted that yesterday (i had a "little beer") :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

This is actually pretty useful, when travelling with just the laptop (no Arps or Chords from the mk3)
    How does one go about CC mapping the vst synths hosted inside it back to maschine for automation, though?

14. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

i haven't tested it but you should be able to right click a vst and set which parameters should be "exposed" to the host. .....just try it out. :)

edit: the "red dots/lines" in my last screenshot are this "control lanes" you can (so i thik) activate...

• Like Like x 1
  15. muitosabao

Right click on the synth vst and add input automation node and select parameter.
    Then right click on empty minihost area and select add input node, select automation, select type automation and select which parameter (knob in Maschine). Then plug in those two. That works.
    Cheers.

16. muitosabao

On the other hand, now trying to get automation out from Reaktor to get some lfos out to control a vst inside minihost. But don't have that option on Reaktor when I right click it. Any idea?

17. COTK

COTK NI Product Owner

Can some one please give me step by step Instructions on how to get this to work using Cthulhu and minihost in Maschine please and Thanks

18. AndreasHe

Did you install minihost already? Have a look on the wire line of the Screenshot. Where exactly are you blocked?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel mit Tapatalk

19. COTK

COTK NI Product Owner

Maschine.PNG Hello yes I have it installed and I can hear sound and record but there's some type of delay when I play back what I recorded in Maschine it start at bar 2 instead of bar 1 even though there is midi data on bar 1. I know I'm doing something wrong here's my set up should I have either Hive or Cthulhu also inserted in Maschine as a track or just Minihost like you see in picture ? thanks in advance for your help.