1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Warning: no 32 bits in Traktor 2.11.1

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Sussudio, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

To all users who need 32-bits Traktor, because their soundcard has no 64-bits drivers: please be advised that Traktor 2.11.1 has no Traktor32.exe !!!!

Also: all 32 bits exe-files in my backups of previous versions of Traktor, now all fail with the following error message:

The application has failed to start, because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

I really don't understand what is going on at NI-HQ. I was in the beta-test programm and I have reported this bug 3 times (for 3 different beta-versions). Now I see, it still had not been fixed in the officiel release :-(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sussudio

Can anyone with a 32 bits version of Windows confirm the Traktor 2.11.1 version is installing and functioning? Maybe on 64-bits operating systems, the installer just "forgot" to also install the 32-bits exe for those needing it to work with their soundcard?

3. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

2002 called and asked for their laptop back ...

In all seriousness what laptop, OS and sound card combination are you using that needs 32bit drivers?

4. Sussudio

;) 2002 is al little bit too early for 64 bits ....

Don't forget 64 bits Traktor was only introduced 2 years ago with version 2.8.0. For a lot of audio devices 64 bit drivers were not available and still are not at this moment. Most Pioneers for example got their 64-bits drivers only 1 year ago.

Anyway: if NI decided to ditch 32-bits. They should communicate about this!
    And more important: a new installation should NEVER EVER get in the way of proper functioning of the backups.

5. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

I would not need it as I am running 64bit on most of my computers... but how is the fact IF NI/Traktor is dropping 32 bit support indeed not in the release notes ?
    This is effed up again...and **** like this does make it look like the NI & Traktor dev/team still don't care about any of this (their product, i.e. Traktor, or the users...) and is continuing on their last years' path to fumble up on even minor Traktor releases... not very encouraging as this is nothing the recent cash injection would be able to fix either...
    c.

6. karleboy

karleboy New Member

I have an audio 8 and so it appears this driver is not included - sad.

Attached Files:

7. Sussudio

I own both an Audio 4 DJ and an Audio 2 DJ (both drivers also removed), but I am glad that NI finally removed some old drivers from the Traktor installer. Drivers for these devices have not been updated since 2013, so you already have the latest (perfectly working) versions installed.

Why are there any drivers included in that installer anyway? Drivers are available on the NI website (under support->downloads->drivers) AND they can be found in Service Center as well.

And why are all driver checkboxes still checked by default? I recall users have asked many times to at least have them unchecked by default, so you can select only the devices you own, instead of going through the process of unchecking all boxes with each update of Traktor. Also this way the users who hit next->next->next with all installers don't end up what all NI-drivers that they don't need.

Please NI: remove all drivers from Traktor updates, or have them unchecked by default.

8. zenluiz

zenluiz NI Product Owner

The same happens with other products, like Maschine, Reaktor, Kontakt, etc. They simply don't warn users (not a single line in the Release Notes in the Native Access or Service Center apps) of HUGE and IMPORTANT breaking changes like removing compatibity with older OS or 32bits, for instance.
    Also, whenever a serious breaking change like that is to be released, usually (when a serious versioning strategy is followed - see semver.org) the product version should receive an increment on its major number. It happened with Reaktor (or Kontakt, not sure) some releases ago that from version, say, 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 they moved completely to 64bit only. What was supposed to be just a minor bug fix release impacted a whole lot of users.

9. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

That is ridiculous...
    Would be nice to get a comment from NI folks on how seemingly intentional disruptive & destructive behaviour like this towards the users & community could be explained or even justified...?!
    c.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Steff Martin

Steff Martin New Member

+1
    I updated to this last version, using x64 processor and same error message (...side-by-side configuration is incorrect...) because the Traktor64.exe file is still the same (version 2.11.0.23) and no more Resources64 folder (even Resources32 folder disappeared) new strange folders installed instead (QtQuick.2, QtQuick, QtGraphicalEffects, Qt, platforms, imageformats) with new QT5* files installed.
    The Traktor x86 exe file is 2.11.1.28 and when opened, I received message to import my collection (+ path to determinate) and another error message displayed : traktor has to stop to work, close the program.
    I don't have solution to resolve this sh***it. Stayed with old version in W10.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  11. DjRichiAc

DjRichiAc NI Product Owner

probably they are effing everything up because they want to get the market ready for a traktor 3 release... what they don't think is that a lot of people is getting sick and tired of this kind of way of treatment. In my personal experience an s2 mk1 with sound issues that won't be accepted to repair because is an "old piece of equipment" ... do you know since when midi is around? since the freaking commodore!!!
    the 32 death happened actually with one delay effect, replika. I was running logic in 32 bits and then that effect wasn't working because it was 64 bits... whatever. There is pioneer and they are not going anywhere soon... couldn't say the same about ni

12. dj dub c

dj dub c NI Product Owner

I just downloaded a new version just now......they specified that the 32 bit version has been dropped, check the service center for updates. It's 2.11.1 (31) instead of 2.11.1 (28)

13. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  14. dj dub c

dj dub c NI Product Owner

15. pmook

pmook New Member

16. vko

vko New Member

Yes but still it sucks if they dropped the 32bit version...so people with an older laptop have to stuck with traktor 2.11.0.23 for aloooooonggg loooongggg timeeee!! Dammiiiitttt...until they buy the 64bit laptop....BIG SUCK!!!!

17. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

You'd have to be on a seriously old laptop because x86-64 has been around since 2000 and Windows XP 64bit. It's more likely that people just aren't running the 64-bit version of Windows than running hardware not capable of 64-bit operation.

Just load the 64-bit version of Windows and move forward. Your laptop will work fine... assuming you have at least 4GB RAM.

• Like Like x 1
  18. vko

vko New Member

Thanks for the advise KLH...is asus x42j 380M 2.53GHz capable of running in 64bit windows? Thanks in advance

19. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

Yep.

20. vko

vko New Member

I just tried installing my Asus x42J i3 380M 2.53GHz 4GB ram with clean install from the usb stick win 7 64bit...n it fail....i guess my hardware do not support 64bit windows....:(