1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Weird vinyl timecode behavior when stoping a record with hand (+video)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Demaio, May 4, 2012.

1. Demaio

Demaio Forum Member

Hey guys, i've posted this problem to tech support, still decided to ask for real traktor users about that problem.
    okay Macbook Pro 13" 2,53Mghz, 4gb, 250gb, MacOS 10.6.8, NI Traktor Pro 2.1.2
    hooked up to NI Audio 6, vestax pdx-3000 mk II, numark ttx, ecler nuo 2.0 (is it matter?) MK II vinyls (few of them) ortofon scratch cartridges (tryed two).
    So when trying to scratch and stoping the vinyl (record) with my hand by pressing it to platter, i've faced this glitchy record behavior - please check the video. It dissapears when pushing the record realy hard and the platters stops.
    This is only happens on vestax pdx-3000 MK II (which is new, worked perfectly on analog vinyl and on digital m-audio torq connective system). I've tryed changing cables, cartridges, checked grounding (connected both to mixer and Audio 6). i've tryed to calibrate timecode vinyl. I've reinstalled the driver. No luck.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks and sorry for my english.

here is the video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpyNt0WhGdo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpyNt0WhGdo[/ame]

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the needle seems to get still input. also the calib picture doesnt look good... ground issue? crosstalk?
    i'd investigate in that direction.

3. Real_Blackroom

Real_Blackroom Forum Member

That loud noise when the slipmatt rubs against the platter would be a good starting point. Try a softer slipmatt.

And also check the above tip, your calib should be looking better.

4. Demaio

Demaio Forum Member

yeah. after some setup variations i've discovered that this problem only appears with OFFICIAL NI traktor butter rugs. Same happens with Qberts original frostmats. With standart vestax matt, as with DJ Shadows Tabkecloth, everything works fine.
    It's realy sad because i like traktor butter rugs most of all. Thinking of adding some material between platter and matt. Plus chating with NI support on this.
    It's so weird - Qbert been working with vestax and NI for years ...

5. hmstx

hmstx NI Product Owner

Yup, it's definitely the noise from platter/slipmat friction. I started getting this with my Traktor Butter Rugs as soon as I tried my new mk2 vinyls and I have Vestax decks too, which seem to have rougher platters.
    Incidentally, this was why I bought the traktor mats in the first place because my usual mats dragged too much (not at all on Technics platters, though).
    That's not an issue with original control vinyl because the control tone does not incorporate huge amounts of noise like the new one does.
    --
    Now, one thing to keep in mind - if for some reasone you've increase the phono gain in the A8 control panel, this will greatly degrade the situation. You could have traktor set to "timecode vinyl" and the NI control panel set to phono with a gain of 6 or whatever. Bottom line is, extra phono gain = bad in this case.

6. Demaio

Demaio Forum Member

That's sound as almost a panacea to this issue. Can you help me where (on mac) can i find the phono gain on Traktor Audio 6?

7. hmstx

hmstx NI Product Owner

The TA6 control panel seems to be different from the A8's, so I can't help here. But the settings ought to be somewhere in there

8. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

afaik, there's no adjustable input gain on TA6 & TA10.