1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the new forum!

Discussion in 'NI Website and Forums' started by Keir @ NI, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

I feel the need to get involved in it because not everyone is experiencing this 'problem' when you make it sound like it's widespread. I didn't say the 'problem' does not exist for you because you obviously are having a problem but it may not even be the forum software if it's existed over various revisions. Just because I don't have a solution to offer doesn't mean I can't comment on it.

As to search I know that's Google's business but that's not excuse forums can't have just as an adequate search function. For that matter it should be relatively easy for NI to integrate Google search engine into their pages. I've seen other forums and websites do that where in their search function you see the words 'search powered by Google'. You sat my comparison to Google is moot but that's just your opinion; obviously you're the arbiter of search functionality.

2. Matt R Taylor

Matt R Taylor New Member

This is a complete joke! You've broken every single hyperlink in the forum - even internal links between threads are broken!

It is not Google's responsibility to reindex your site whenever you feel like changing your URL format - set up your webserver to automatically forward the old links (with status HTTP 301 Moved Permanently).

3. DJ Rawshark

DJ Rawshark New Member

I am a new forum member, and I have to say this is a terrible user experience. I can SEE the exact post that can solve my problem on Google, but clicking it takes me to a broken page. Typing the exact same search words into the forum search does not yield the same results. You are going to lose customers if you don't fix this soon.

4. o0Ampy0o

o0Ampy0o Forum Member

You are not recognizing that you are inferring my words suggest this is "widespread" <= your word not mine. (make sure to take notice of the word infer and do not mistake it for imply). I did not quantify this glitch beyond saying I was not alone and based on other comments it had been going on for a while when I posted about it.

Allow NI to determine whether there is a glitch on their end and suss out the size of a problem if they are able to find one. It is what they are offering to do in this thread. It appears that you are attempting to influence NI to focus on what you deem worthwhile. You are just another user like me and the rest of the users here. You literally have no business getting involved with anything other users are reporting when you have no experience with it. You cannot possibly have enough exposure to sort out every report. You focused on mine and decided because you have no knowledge of it NI should not bother addressing it even with as little as their own investigation.

Why don't you go use your software and get out of the way?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  5. tonyco

tonyco Forum Member

6. jackn2mpu

In this case infer and imply mean the same thing. Your words make it seem like this is a widespread 'problem' and it's not. You then attacked me for saying that I didn't think it was because I said it didn't happen to me. Yet you didn't attack Scott for saying it didn't happen to him. If this has indeed been going on for a while would you care to post links to such threads where it's mentioned? Without evidence then what you say has little standing.

I am NOT attempting to influence NI in any way. Perhaps reading comprehension is not your strong point as I don't know where you got that idea. It's none of YOUR business whether I get involved with a thread or not based on whether I have the specific problem being talked about. As I said before I got involved to say that it hadn't happened to me; without such info NI can only assume it's a problem affecting everyone (and it's not). Evidence for and against a problem is essential for solution of a problem.

Why don't you stop attacking people for posting helpful info like I did? Then again this is the typical response I've gotten from you in other threads before. For some reason you have a problem with honest disagreement which is all I have.

7. o0Ampy0o

o0Ampy0o Forum Member

Classic move.....claiming you are an innocent victim being attacked while trying to be helpful.

It is easy to say anything but impossible to prove with evidence when something doesn't exist.

You recently opened a thread to solicit participation in a competitor's group buy.

I will copy and paste the conversation we had about it and allow everyone to see for themselves that you are lying.

Yeah you are an invaluable contributor here.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  8. jackn2mpu

I never posted an advertisement for anything. Why not go after the original poster of that thread huh? Never said I was an invaluable contributor here - reading comprehension is not your strong point.

And this is not the first time you've attacked me on this forum. You have got to lose the 'tude dude.

9. o0Ampy0o

o0Ampy0o Forum Member

Here is the PM exchange. I carefully explained what I thought was NI's reason for deleting the thread. Since I sent that final message you have not made any effort to point out that I was mistaking you for the originator of that thread if that was the case.

You are attempting to sway opinion with loaded language. There has been no "attack" in this thread or in the discussion of your group buy thread. Show evidence that I have ever "attacked" you. In fact, if you felt I ever had why did you initiate this PM exchange? Doing so is inconsistent with believing I am someone who has "attacked" you in the past.

[EDITED BY MODERATOR]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  10. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

@o0Ampy0o , Private Messages are just that, Private. They should not be reposted on the forum. Issues with other members should be reported to Mods/Admin.

@o0Ampy0o & jackn2mpu , stop fighting. Move on. It's sunny outside, go and chill in the sun.

Karlos

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Forum Member

I can post video... cool.

The avatar thing...... so cool. The image is 1280 x 800 on my computer. I didn't have to resize it, I didn't have to host it on another site, the forum software figured it out..... way, way, cool.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  12. jackn2mpu

What are the sig file limits as to number of lines? I understand new limits were put in place and the reasons for them but I can find nothing on the page where I can edit my sig file as to what the limits are. I had 3 lines and tried to add a fourth and an error message came up saying I was over the limit by one line.

13. Daschine

Daschine NI Product Owner

Ahrg! Arriving from google to solve a problem! But I do not get the tread I was going for. I come to a welcome page, have to log in, and then do a new search, and then I cannot find the tread that I was looking for.. How is this an improvement?? I would rather being able to google/solve my problems than having a huge Avatar...

14. issalys

issalys New Member

forum french, don't work

15. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

iPad width not right, there's still extra background on the right. It also throws out the three links at the top of the forum for "your name", "inbox" and "alerts"

16. oli@bass

oli@bass NI Product Owner

17. oli@bass

FYI: The path link to "Various Topcs" does not work
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/#various-topics.145

It would be great if those forums (like this one) would be directly accessible from the front page. Took me quite a while to find them through the product related fora (because I wasn't looking for them there).

18. Tun

Tun NI Product Owner

it seems that i cant load the "product installation" forum.
    disabling cookies had no effect

i am using firefox v27.0.1

19. jackn2mpu

No problem getting to the pages via the links you provided. Are you accepting cookies?

20. oli@bass

Yes. Safari 7.0.2.

I get a page with the following content:

-----
    NI Support Forum - Error
    This was posted by a guest who does not have a profile to view.
    -----

And the link to "Various Topics" takes me to the NI Support Forum top page.