We're joining forces with iZotope - find out what that means

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Matt @ NI, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

We're excited to announce a new alliance between iZotope and NI, teaming up to form a new music and audio creator group. We believe we can shape a future where you have everything you need to create your best work. You can read a joint message from NI CEO Constantin Köhncke and iZotope CEO Mark Ethier via our blog here:

https://blog.native-instruments.com/joining-forces-with-izotope/

[​IMG]

Hope you're all going to as excited as we are :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Woooww really promising

Uwe

I dream of a group/master plugin/channel strip from izotope in maschine and komplete kontrol, already build in

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Boohoo, couldn't you have told this last week (so before I upgraded to their awesome Music Production Suite)?! :mad:

ok, ok, sorry, I'm kidding! Honestly, I just couldn't resist :D

I think this is awesome news and I really hope this is going mean that we'll get more support for NKS from iZope and who knows, hopefully you're also able to learn from them and maybe come up with some new stuff of your own, either influenced by iZotope or maybe with some of their trade secrets combined with yours?

IMO both companies are pioneers within their field and they're very good at the things they do. NI is awesome when it comes to sound and sound quality whereas iZotope is awesome when it comes to making that sound even better (or trying to... I've also ran into situations where one of Ozone plugins didn't do anything because... there was nothing to fix (!)) and if you bring that together...

I own most of their plugins (in specific Ozone, RX8 and Vocalsynth) and I soon began using Ozone's Imager within all my Maschine VST projects because it really helps me to "blend" my work into my material within Ableton Live. And I can fully control it from behind Maschine too, how awesome is that?

I honestly believe that when done right then this joint venture has all the potential to become a "killer combo". Maybe even comparable to what Ableton & Cycling '74 started back in the days, who knows.

I'm excited, thanks for sharing the news!

Ah, it's even on the iZotope blog as well:

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/izotope-and-native-instruments-join-forces.html

:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bo Rumba

Bo Rumba New Member

Please don't go subscription only for your future products.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Don't worry, older products will get subscription too.

:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Now please fix Maschine and Komplete Kontrol so they stop scanning the extra DLL files from iZotope on every startup :p

• Like Like x 4
  7. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

8. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

i don't really see the strategic synergies..but i might miss something here. If you want to license izotope plugins for your platform then you don't need to start a "group"..

9. DeepThumb

DeepThumb NI Product Owner

Please ask their CEOs but not their employees. In most cases regrettably employees get information via news and not via company internal communication.
    And even so then they are bound by NDAs...

10. awol9000

awol9000 NI Product Owner

Didn't Izotope announce last week they were going subscription?

11. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

Just a hunch. New investors come on board. Push NI into subscription model. Look around for company that already has a SaaS subscription platform. Found it. Form partnership. Voila. Subscription model is coming in 6-9 months.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

I think izotope new model is cool. If you want all of their tools...19.99 a month vs several thousand. Use when busy or have projects, cancel when you don’t vs being stuck with a bunch of software you won’t use everyday.

you can still purchase as normal at the same time so where is the harm? There is none.

Native won’t be eliminating the option to buy and own anytime soon. Neither will Ableton or any other major player so why is there so much anxiety out there?

• Like Like x 2
  13. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Yes and though at the moment it is in theory 'optional', some of the new 'updates' are only available via subscription. Cause for concern ????

14. DeepThumb

DeepThumb NI Product Owner

Adobe's Photo "entry level" subscription for around 12$/€ per month is a good example and even makes sense for non professional users that don't use Lr and Ps daily.
    20 $/€ per month for that limited package (obiously w/o RX) https://www.izotope.com/en/producers-club.html seems to be too expensive for all the hobby users.

15. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

I hope the subscription model revenue stream will also be allocated to Maschine software feature development.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

+1000000
    Some might say it's pretty ridiculous that it's been so endlessly ignored.............................

17. djneural

djneural NI Product Owner

Matt @ NI how much time to port VocalSynth modules to the M+ ? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

That's the level of insider information I cannot get to :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

20. nightjar

nightjar NI Product Owner

Just the opposite for me.. I can think of many exciting ways for these two companies to combine their technologies. Very exciting news!