What are you getting this Christmas...

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by mezzurias, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Nice! The Mother 32 will play nicely next to your OB-6! With those two you have a lot of sonic ground covered :)
    Recording into the Audio Module in Maschine (which is will be in one of the 2.7.* updates) will be perfect for this :thumbsup:

2. Frank P.

Frank P. NI Product Owner

thats the plan ! :)
    but as NI wrote recording direct into the audio module is still not implemented in 2.7 and comes later.
    or?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  3. Mick @ NI

Correct, in the first release (2.7) you will not be able to record into the Audio module, this will be added afterwards

4. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

Nothing for me, it is enough that I can do something for the kids! After that I still don't want anything.

• Like Like x 1
  5. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I was going to get a MPC X until I saw the Knocksquared instagram.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Unfortunately I had already bough the MPC Live when that and Audio tracks were announced. A bit peeved but on the bright side 2.7 isn't out and even if it were the MPC is still has more features in the audio space at the moment If NI does something cool I can alway sell the Live.

7. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

I expect a lot of push 2's and mpc live's on ebay if it's a studio follow up with the audio module dropping soon. This is prediction of course.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

i get to pay for everything.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

Want to try and grab the complete soundtoys plugs pack.

Can someone explain how the ableton 9-10 free upgrade works? I’ve been wanting to venture into ableton for a while now.

10. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

getting a Roland tr09 , for the fun :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spekwerk

Spekwerk NI Product Owner

Got an MK3 :D

12. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

you buy the 9 version and they will offer you a free download of 10. note it is a download only, you cannot get a box free upgrade, you have to pay an extra 50 usd if you want the box and manaul. i did the free 8 suite to 9 suite and was angry because when i bought 8 suite boxed i was told i would get 9 as the same. make a screen shot of any offers.

how it works is, install and register live 9 to your user account. when 10 comes out, you go to your user account and download it. they will send you an email telling you the next version is out if you permit them to send you such announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Im skint, spent it all on pedals and pedal boards...might buy a little amp, dont have any room for much else

I bought an MPC Live a few months ago for late night coffee table jams....and this is how its ended up...I cant keep anything simple...theres one more pedal board not in shot

[​IMG]

14. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

yup I think the rest of my cash is going on the kids....maybe theyd like a Pittsburgh Lifeforms SV-1 Blackbox :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Bertotti

Quite a signal train there are you using any buffers?

16. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Nope...synth/guitar to pedals, to mixer, to MPC

17. Bertotti

Me either althjough I have seen more and more people with longer trains using them. I have an RC Booster on mine and it is very good at clean boost so I think it makes up for any loss in my short train. I don't have a pic to post but mine goes Barber LTD SR to RC Booster to Micro Qtron, quite a fun box, to Byrds Jangle box, also a very fun box, to carbon Copy tp Analog chorus both MXR obviously. I use them mostly with guitar but my wave drum and some synths have been routed in for intetesting effects. A Minilogue and Karp are a lot fo fun to experiment with.

I see someone got a mother 32 which I think would be a loads of fun as would the Behringer D. I'm mostly a guitar person but have wondered what fun it would be to mic up some DW drums I have and run that through soem of these pedals or simialr effects in Logic. I have never tired that. Maybe for Christmas I do want something, some time to just play around!

• Like Like x 1
  18. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

I have a Blackstar HT Boost but I only use that in front of a tube amp. For the guitar into the MPC Ive been using little nano amps. The mixer is a soundcraft notepad and its got some nice clean preamps to boost anything too (especially the output of the nano amps can be pretty low). But for the synths they dont lose much signal through the pedals that Ive noticed.

Ive got the monologue and the Karp but theyre in my "studio", Im trying to stick with these three rack synths tbh my main rig hasnt been powered up in two months, its only been the MPC. I think an Orange Micro Dark is going to be a pressie, I love micro/nano amps over modelling

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mick @ NI

I think you will enjoy this (I know I did):

He has a bunch of these jams with different pedals on his channel

• Like Like x 3
  20. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

That was excellent...and not helping my pedal addiction though I might buy a drumbrute :D

• Like Like x 1