What are you getting this Christmas...

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by mezzurias, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Hahaha, I'm sorry! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

Thanks for the reply ntula. Will probably grab it then. I don’t need a box.

3. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

If money was no object I would have a Kemper and the associated foot pedal. Modelling or whatever it is seems to be rerally good and would give me access to pedals and amps I could never have. I also wonder just how it would work with synths and maschine, guitar amp be damed I think it would be a blast to fire up with gear other then guitars and with guitars. I have even taken acoustics and played them in the tube amps with effects. So really cool tones out there I wish my miusic making ability was better. I still cant put together stuff I like. Someday, just have to keep trying and studying.

4. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

They say the grass is always greener on the other side and I can tell you that sometimes that’s just not true. I’m gonna give the MPC Live another week to see if I like it. If not I’m going to return it. Bit what a **** show that’s been. Buggy, crashed on me a few times (on standalone for Pete’s sake) and resource limited. Not impressed to say the least. What a missed opportunity by Akai.

Either way I’ll be down one Christmas present this year.

The Deepmind kicks complete as though. That’s a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Wow that sucks....Ive had zero crashes, used it standalone for about three weeks solid before man flu got to me...revolutionised my workflow. Any bugs Ive had were minor, and are being addressed.

Its funny how we approach gear (well crashes dont help) the Live is like the piece of gear Ive been searching for for years...like a final piece of the jigsaw, yet to someone else it might not even be useful enough to keep. Thats why we need more choices, especially in standalone..NI ;)

Agreed on the DM...had mine since last Christmas, great modern take on analogue

6. mezzurias

Yeah i think Studio One 3.5.2 used up all my patience for buggy software. Can't do it anymore. Anyway. Like I said I'm going to give it a real go this week. Do a few tracks see what happens. I got 30 days to return it so I got time, the with the holidays coming up maybe not as much as I think.

7. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

It's 3.5.4 now for studio one. Give that a try. It's been running pretty good with the presonus 68 and NI komplete audio 6.

8. mezzurias

Yeah I installed it yesterday crashed within 5 minutes while opening a song. Went back to 3.5.1. I don’t have time for all of that. On top of that 3.5.4 was made to address an issue for 3.5.3 which came out literally 5-6 days before. So at this point Presonus needs to do something about their QA, because it’s failing hard right now.

9. skinswashdc

Weird. In their Facebook group seems a lot of mac users are running it okay.

10. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

i did buy myself a set of munrosonic egg 150s for xmas but one set arrived and one of the speakers was severlly damaged when i opened the box so i returned those then i got a replacement set and dhl yet again broke that set.the box arrived in a shocking state and the bottom wasnt taped up and you could see it had been dropped in there warehouse.
    even the delivery guy dropped it from his van i saw him open the door then i shouted ill give you a hand mate as i was walking to his van he said its ok and pushed the box out of the van doors and i heard a big bang he laughed said theyll be ok but they wernt they too were broke :(

so i gave up getting those in the end they wernt ment to be ..

but my wifes surprised me and got me a ps4 pro and is paying half towards a uad apoolo twin duo usb :)
    so itll be a brilliant xmas afterall .

11. skinswashdc

Whoa ps4 and uad. That’s a good Christmas

12. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

yep wife must have won lottery and not told me lol

13. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

brought a jam

14. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

Just bought a Roland SE-02. Currently building out the Macros for full control from MK3 hardware.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Theo Void

Theo Void NI Product Owner

I just got a new 15' MacBook Pro 2017!
    I want a Digitakt!

16. mezzurias

Nice! I'm probably going to get a new iMac at some point. I may wait until the new 6/8-core mainstream chips hopefully make it to the iMac.

17. King Windom

King Windom New Member

Just got the message my MK3 shipped today.

18. Stressed

Stressed NI Product Owner

I'm getting a big dose of WAIT v. 3.1, because I can afford it.

Native Instruments threw me for a loop by revamping the Maschine into Mk III. I am sure they'll redo the JAM in the next year or two.
    Native Instruments hasn't added many needed features to the Maschine software, so there's another reason to wait.
    Computer tech is going to leap in about a year with 10nm cpu processes, so nothing new there (though I want to get a newer Mac now).
    The 6-core Intel "coffee lake" (is that the name now or what?) processors are also going to boost everything nicely.
    Not sure when DDR5 ram is being released, but that is when desktops will eat audio software for breakfast, if you use endless amounts of layers and sounds and such. That might be 2019/2020.

This year is the year of endless WAIT. It's like a big box of hope, tied up with a bow of expectation, and possible have nothing inside.

19. mezzurias

So yeah. Contacted my rep and the MPC Live is promptly going back from whence it came. Complete missed opportunity by Akai. I think I will never complain about Maschine again (until next year) now that I’ve seen what the otherside has to offer. Just wasn’t for me. It did sound great. Had a crunchy sound to it, also it’s quant is ten times better than what Maschine has but alas not enough to be a keeper.

Ah well now to figure what to replace it with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

horses for courses shame you never gelled, I love mine....even if it didnt work that well its great for collecting all the dust in my room :D

I bought a keylab 49 for an xmas treat...may as well use some of this bloody software I buy!