What are you getting this Christmas...

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by mezzurias, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

The family is getting me a book I asked for, 'The Johhny Smith method book'. For Guitar, Jazz mostly but it covers triads and inversions and all kinds of arpeggios in depth!

2. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

I’m getting the Empress Echosystem and Reverb pedals. Also an OP-1 for on the go.

3. RoC1909

RoC1909 New Member

I just purchased a Korg Kronos2 61. I sold my Roland Fantom G6 to help pay for it, but all in all, I think it was a fantastic decision.

4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Bit belated but grabbed The Korg Legacy Collection which now includes the virtual Arp Odyssey. Ought to mention that at the Korgshop it is on offer till Jan 9th at a reduced rate. ($149 as opposed to $249)

5. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

6. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Just copy and paste it to Maschine software, please... ;)

7. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

I’m grabbing a lot of korgs ios stuff during the sale. Great for gadget users.

8. MistaWil

MistaWil NI Product Owner

Picked up a Maschine Jam. It's a big help with arranging, I would recommend it. Also picked up Exhale. Exhale is definitely helps add some nicely elements to a track.

9. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

So what do you find to be your favorite of the set?

10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

And after christmas i bought the melda free fx bundle - it's free but with a few bugs you can unlock some functions

11. tempsperdu

Far too early to say. I have an M50 which I rather like but found it not that conducive to learning synth programming which is why I ended up in Maschine land. I was hoping that getting The Korg Collection would also help in that regard though I'm not expecting quick results :confused: :)

12. tempsperdu

No it is not the sound of jealousy you can hear........... merely the roar of pure unbridled envy......................o_O:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoC1909

RoC1909 New Member

Thanks Tempsperdu. :)
    It is a hell of an instrument. I will say that the learning curve to understanding even the smallest details of this keyboard can be absolutely mind boggling! Especially, when the person attempting to learn (aka Me) is what the greater majority would call an "absolute n00b," and in all likelihood, should not even own a piece of gear of this caliber.

14. Frank P.

Frank P. NI Product Owner

yesterday my Behringer Model D arrived. So today is christmasy again.
    wow ! this thing sounds so fat & warm .....

• Like Like x 1
  15. HessenA

HessenA NI Product Owner

Brilliant! now every day will be Christmas to you ;)

16. LEGENDARYFINS

LEGENDARYFINS NI Product Owner

Such an awesome deal. Enjoy it.

17. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Ye. Getting one of these soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Frank P.

Frank P. NI Product Owner

19. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I have been considering buying a cheap analog synth to mess around with, I was leaning towards a mini/micro brute, do you guys think this model D is a better choice? It's a reproduction of a Moog right? Behringer never inspired me much confidence.

20. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

I have the Microbrute. Initially I didn’t like it much as I thought it sounded a bit harsh. However it has come to grow on me a bit and what I thought was harshness is just aggressiveness. It’s a really aggressive sounding synth. Doesn’t have that smooth punchiness you get with a Moog like synth.

I’m getting the Model D specifically cause I want a smoother punchy sound, but don’t sleep on the brute. It’s a great synth too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1