1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

what brings out the best in you?

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by djnitehawk, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djnitehawk

djnitehawk NI Product Owner

which method of playing live with traktor has given you the meanest sets infront of a large audience?

1. traktor + fs + tts
    2. traktor + fs + cd players
    3. traktor + midi controller
    4. traktor + laptop keyboad + mouse

the reason i ask is... ive found that playing with fs + cdplayers or tts just takes too much effort and i do a pretty average job in terms of packing up the club.

but everytime i just play off the laptop keyboard & mouse, i have all of that energy left for reading the crowd and song selection. and i always do a good job when i just use my laptop.

has this happened to anybody else? or am i just a lazy bastard? :)

im in new zealand at the mo and its pretty darn hard to get these depressed kiwis on the floor and have a good time... so what i do is i just read the crowd like a mother efer and just play off me laptop for the first couple of hours till i have a full floor... and then i fire up my cdjs... i do 6hr sets and i can only tolerate playing on cdjs for about 3hrs :)

when i use my tts i can only go for about 2hrs straight on em and i get real tired.

what do u guys do? do you have enough time and energy left to read the crowd while using tts or cdplayers?

what r ur opinions on this?

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

100% Traktor + FS2 + Turntables,

soon to be Traktor Scratch/T3 + Turntables!

3. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

traktor + fs + tts + MIDI controller + external effects

4. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

ALWAYS Traktor 3.2 + FS 2 + TT's + midi controller

5. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

T3, laptop keyboad, MIDI controller, mouse.

6. fenixdahouseket

fenixdahouseket Forum Member

T3 + laptop + FS2 + TT's

6-hour sets no problem. But yeah, then I'm really tired and my back is sore since the turntables are always a bit too low for me :(

7. mal1ce

mal1ce NI Product Owner

T3 + FS2 + 2 CDJ 1000's + MIDI + EFX

You're a lazy bastard
    ;)

8. staby

staby NI Product Owner

Hehe!

T3 + Midi Controller + TTs

It depends on what way the crowd and what and where I'm playing as to how tired I get, though usually I'm still at it the following morning, and that's when I really get into it. Oh how I love a good session.

9. Geqfreq

Geqfreq Forum Member

3. traktor + midi controller

Haven't spun vinyl in a couple years. Finally sold my Cdjs last year. This past new years me and another spun about 8 hours np. But again we'd switch off close to 2 hours a piece.

10. djnitehawk

yeh i thought so :)
    -----------------------------------

i guess maybe my problem is.... i was on just my laptop with traktor for a long long long as time before i bought finalscratch and i guess im too used to the lazy way...

after seeing all these replies, im definitely gonna force myself to use the cdjs from now on. that way mabbe i could get good at it. **gotta hit the gym again to get some stamina going though :)**

11. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i think as long as you make the crowd happy, it'S all good - if you started with laptop DJing then you might be not as good with turntables or cd players.

for me, i started with turntables, so the combo T3 & hercules, which i use sometimes at small homie birthday parties and the like is better than only clicking with the mouse but most definitely i'm not as good with it as on the decks.

so, my preferred setup is: T3 with FS (and soon TS) & 1210 mk II & ecler nuo4 (if i can get my hands on it)

12. djnitehawk

yep ive been thinkin about this and i think a midi controller would be a good choice for me...

so im gonna get the new vestax vci-100 when it comes out...

13. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

seems to be a sweet piece of hardware! :)

14. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

T3 + Keyboard + Mouse + Midi + Ableton Live (Feeds into Deck 4) (sometimes)

Phil

15. Geqfreq

Geqfreq Forum Member

Whistler or Blackcomb, 5 feet of powder... a couple wet bettys in the hot tub.

(couldn't resist.lol)

16. arfurdaley

arfurdaley New Member

Traktor 3.2, Xone 3D, Laptop, Mackie SRM450s, DT150s

No excuses.

Bangin!

Why bother carting all that FS2 and decks and all that everywhere. Seems to defeat the purpose if you ask me.

Arfur

17. abzorba

abzorba NI Product Owner

I guess carting a suitcase sized mixer and speakers does make more sense........

Same as Nemonic here:
    traktor 3.2+ fs2 + tts + MIDI controller + external effects

18. djdrixx

djdrixx NI Product Owner

IBook + Firewire 410 + Xone 3D
    Always keep my fingers on the Xone 3D, almost never touch the laptop.

19. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

I'll play your party anytime.... ;) only a couple of??

20. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

Traktor + FS + CDJ 1000's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.