1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

What do u think about the new update?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by certifiedbeatz, Mar 17, 2020.

1. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Curious to know what do u guys think of the new update and direction of maschine .. I'm a bit stump on why they don't make a rack version with over 70 expansions.. to make it a one stop shop in my mind it doesn't work?

2. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

What do YOU think of it?

3. certifiedbeatz

I only use as a sound mod won't make sense to download a feature I'm not interested in....

4. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

was really hoping to see this:

BUG FIX - removed 'certifiedbeatz' from NI user forum

;)

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Appears that is not the direction they are going in. I like the new update... if they go in the direction they say they are going in, using Maschine start too finish would be excellent. we will see!!!

Peace,
    Blindeddie

• Like Like x 1
  6. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

I honestly still don’t even know how to use the features. My pattern keeps looping and the auto pattern grow doesn’t happen. Not quite sure how to activate it.

7. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

First make sure it is enabled in Preferences-->Default-->Pattern then when you create a new pattern it should say Auto in the pattern length of the pattern window...to the left of that is the start time offset selector....

Note, if you manually change a pattern to 4/8/16 prior to recording, you can not change it back to auto. You have to delete and create a new pattern.

Also, this is only in Ideas mode not Arranger mode...in case that is your preferred workflow.

Peace,

Blindeddie

• Like Like x 1
  8. mebitek

mebitek NI Product Owner

you jmust be in idea view. and I think that is no good, i'd like to have it in the arranger view too

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. certifiedbeatz

Actual curious dont want to upgrade if there problems for the simple fact I stated..

10. certifiedbeatz

11. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

IMO it doesn't make sense without a mk3, so much is cut off or not intuitive on the mk2 so it's a big jump to me but i love it.

The auto-grow is just loop brace in Live, much needed (and finally NI! :)) but yeah, i can't understand why it doesn't work in Arranger as when you switch to ideas the loop that's playing changes so you can't jam to the groove in Arr, i can't see the point?

Of course the patterns in arranger can't grow to follow the pattern you're playing into but the ideas view has to follow the arrangement view for the auto-grow to be intuitive unless i'm not quite getting the functionality atm.

12. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I think the update is OK, nothing groundbreaking but has useful stuff. I too am upset about Growing not working in the Arranger, it might not be the intention but it feels like Ideas View is being forced on me/us. First, it became the default View + the Scene/Section button changed in favor of it, now this.... :S

The update is more than just patterns automatically growing tho...
    In my use case, for example, I know the length I want most of the time so if I want 2 bars I might set the length to 8 in the arranger, record and pick the best 2 bars using the pattern Start/Lenght/Position knobs... This avoids multi attempts to record something and having to undo/clear pattern every time as well as stimulating experimentation. The other 6 bars I can use later for a variation. Not having a MIDI truncate option is sort of annoying tho.

I can also record something lengthy that changes over time or has a fill at end, then only select a portion of the pattern, duplicate the pattern to a new scene and select another different portion or the fill without ever deleting any MIDI data, which can be cool to work non-destructively.

Notes outside the active pattern are now affected by MIDI editing function when no notes are selected like semitone+/-, quantize, etc... that wasn't the case before and this is useful to me.

Play Position on the MK3's touch Strip Leds is cool for performance, to know where you're at in a glance even though I would much prefer if it could just control a Macro or MIDI CC when none of the 4 buttons (Pitch, MOD, PerformFX, Notes) are active. - BTW Who the hell uses the strip's Note function anyway?? (I am sure someone will jump out of a bush and say "I do")

• Like Like x 2
  13. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

[​IMG][/url] :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Harsh

Harsh NI Product Owner

Looks like things are moving in a good direction.

I still think we would see better Maschine updates if Native Instruments opened up to the idea of subscription based software. A small monthly fee ($9.99 per month or $100.00 annually) would allow us to see more developments and sooner!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

well the updates should be VERY good to be worth 10$ a month. Otherwise it would be better just to go with Ableton.

• Like Like x 1
  16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

As long as it is optional I am fine with it. Paying for hardware and being forced to also pay monthy to use it (since its software dependent) is completely unacceptable.

AHAH :D

• Like Like x 10
  17. peter verberne

peter verberne New Member

I agree. If I had to pay extra, I would leave the platform immediately. Maschine has some exceptional workflow trumps, like the quantizing that just gets that last note to the start of the pattern... This makes working out ideas really fast. Without a mouse Ableton nor fruity loops have these options. Also the incredible versatility of Maschine is unparalleled. Bang a few buttons and a new sample is recorded. But if Maschine wants to be a full fledged daw, there's is a long steep road ahead and I do not want to pay (extra) for things that already are elsewhere available for less money...[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I like the new features but would really like a to see a nice combination with the event mode to allow nice event selection and edit capabilities. Atm there is some drawbacks I think but remain overall a nice addition

19. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

Actually my experience with the subpocalypse has been the exact opposite.

• Like Like x 1
  20. certifiedbeatz

Well lol upgrade or wait or since companies are shut down for the most part are u just happy with what u got.. because everything now has taken a 6 months hiatus..