1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

What Q Bert said about Traktor DVS last week interview.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by sangdogg, Oct 18, 2018.

1. sangdogg

sangdogg NI Product Owner

BJIOS is a DJ school operated by Beatjunkies members as the instructor, and students who are learning to scratch from Beatjunkies directly, some legendary DJs also have their live streaming sessions in here, previous meetings were Craze and then Shortkut, all in this month.

Here is a little part of an hour interview on Sunday, October, 17th. Live Streaming over at BJIOS California; it seems like BJIOS have a sponsorship with Rane. Moreover, they have Serato courses there. Meaning most of the students in front uses Serato in this video.

Q Bert might say something he should not have in this live interview, according to Babu, Rhettmatic and Chucks reaction.

2. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

I think he is referring to the resolution on Traktor DVS. The timecode resolution is higher and the NI cards tend to run at lower latency overall. This does cause more demand from the CPU. Personally, I used to notice a huge difference between Traktor and Serato (Traktor being better), but now I am barely able to notice the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DJBite

DJBite New Member

I'm not sure if this is what he is reverring to, but I remember when I bought my first set, it was an Audio 6, which was just released and got me 24 bit and up to 96 kHz sample rates, as opposed to Rane SL1 (already around for a long time) with just 16 bit and 44.1 kHz sample rates. And the Rane was almost twice the price. That was for me the main reason to buy the Traktor DVS at the time. And later the SL2 got also 24 bit, but still only got up to 48 kHz sample rates.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stupa

stupa NI Product Owner

I recently compared control vinyl between Traktor 3 and Rekordbox DJ and found that Traktor feels much more responsive.
    But they still need to update their file management. :thumbsdown: Until they do I'll be sticking to RB.

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

He is referring to the fact that Traktor timecode is 2.5khz and Serato NoiseMaps, at the time were 1khz.
    He did a video a few years ago comparing the 2 and the Serato control vinyl had audibly more artefacts at slow scratches.

Serato NoiseMaps are now 6db higher then previous ones so I presume they are better than previous versions. It's a different kind of code to Traktor.

I doubt merely mortals like any of use could hear the difference. Q Bert is superhuman.

• Like Like x 2