What would you like to see on a MOD?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Aleix Jiménez, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

Hey, we’ve been talking with Nick Moon that maybe it would be a good idea to ask the community which traktor features would you like to see implemented on a MOD, as for example:

-Loop In & Out Control
    -More BeatJumps

So post your ideas here, we already have lots of them and plenty of work to do, we are working on some really interesting features for our MODS, but we’ve thought that it would be interesting to ask you, the users, what would you implement on a MOD, and if possible, how would you approach that:

-Loop in & Loop Out through pads on the Loop Mode...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Niotakis

Michael Niotakis New Member

Holding a 'shift' button to activate the scratch mode on the touchstrip?

• Like Like x 1
  3. sid3one

sid3one NI Product Owner

+1

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

4. Aleix Jiménez

I don’t really understand this request, because you can enable this through the panel settings, right? Correct me if i’m wrong!

5. Michael Niotakis

So use default behaviour as per normal, including use of the normal SHIFT button but then a second button allows me to enable scratch mode, effectively toggling that setting on the fly. Once done scratching I disengage that second shift button and continue to use as per normal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aleix Jiménez

Oh, okay i get it! I’ll take note of that, it shouldn’t be that difficult in my opinion, however! Will keep you updated, but still take a look to my MOD post as in there is were i explain the updates that i implement!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

i like how on my Serato/MCX8000 i can slowly/finely change the loop in/out points while looping. i like that effect especially through FX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Aleix Jiménez

Hey Caleb, as i've just said on my other post, i've added this to my to-do list! How would you approach such functionality on the S8?

9. Caleb Grayson

well.. i guess holding a mod key while turning an encoder.
    or using the touch strip.
    i just don’t know how you’d distinguish between start and stop loop. (in/out).
    the MCX-8000 has separate buttons for this.

man just wish there were more MOD buttons or distinguish between left and right shift. and of course a long throw pitch fader as i like to set the MCX at 100% and slow everything down to 10% and put a lot of ambient FX on it.

also.. i’d like to be able to SYNC things with one at 1/2 or 1/3 speed. so like a track at 120 synced to one at 90 or 60 (even-though it may have been say 125. so it goes to 120 and then you can halve or thirds it).

10. Aleix Jiménez

I'lll try to do this. My idea is that when pads are in Loop Mode of my MOD (which includes a Loop In/Out button for pads 2 and 3), if you press Shift + Pad 2, if you turn the Loop Encoder you can modify the Loop In position until you push it or until you press Shift + Pad 2 again, and same for loop out and pad 3. What do you think? i don't know if it's a good workflow to do this, but at least it would be a way to do it...

11. Caleb Grayson

i like that a lot. i’d probably intuitively go to pads 1 and 4 or maybe 5 and 8 as those are the outside positions and i think of them as the loop boundaries and the second row is loop size rather than loop cue. or wait.. they are jump size? ok. well doesn’t matter so much.
    i guess there’s a lot of loop manipulation you can do with SHIFT+Loop Pads section.

12. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

I couldn't resist squeezing one last thing into my mods v2 release and as Aleix predicted, not too difficult. Am sure he'll include it in his next release :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aleix Jiménez

Happy to say that i've already implemented the requested featureto my mod, not too difficult as predicted! I'll let you know when i've published the new Mod Version

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Niotakis

Thanks guys, hope it helps some other users out there too.

I understand many are on S5/S8s so the EQ info is important but I run a D2 with an external mixer. I'd be happy to loose that EQ info via a preferences setting. Probably more Nick Moon than you Aleix Jiménez at this stage but who knows ... what's the general feel out there ... is it something folks refer to on screen or does everyone just read their mixer knobs?