What's next...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Friedemann @ NI, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

We have recently updated the welcoming sticky to this section of the forum - please have a read:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/public-beta-welcome-read-first.327403/

The core message of the new sticky is: "After the release is before the release" and more specifically:

Improving Collaboratively
    Most of you have probably read NI’s new Director of Products for Traktor (Pedram Faghfouri) recent statement about unveiling new Traktor hardware and software this year and our plans to maintain and improve Traktor Pro for several more years.

This is where this Public Beta section of the Traktor forum comes into play: in striving for continuously improving stability and removing usability hurdles we sometimes run into the situation that we have to spend much time to reliably reproduce the issues observed by you in the field.

We intend to use the broad variety of setups and workflows available in this forum to support our in-house efforts to reliably reproduce certain issues enabling us to fix them. So you may see some threads posted in General Discussion or in the Bug Reports section by me or other members of the team asking specific questions related to our ongoing testing.

This is not the feature list of the next Traktor Pro update or the blurry images of a new hardware that you may have hoped for at this point.
    But be ensured that the team working on Traktor Pro is fully dedicated to deliver something new to you this year which will also be publicly tested in this Public Beta group later this summer.

In the meantime we encourage you all to contribute to the quality of Traktor Pro by reporting us crashes and freezes that you experience and helping us to reproduce them reliably, which is a prerequisite for us to get them fixed.

Friedemann

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

1. Can we expect to see some of the reported bugs fixed in the next Traktor Pro release, or will it just focus on delivering the new features from the VIP beta?
    2. Is it possible to close the Closed / Resolved threads after release and automatically move them to the bottom of the Bug Reports forum? It's already a mess trying to figure out which bugs are still open.
    3. Some of the bugs that were reported during the 2.11.3 beta have not yet been filed or even responded to. I'm also hesitant to report more bugs if there isn't any commitment that they will actually be fixed. Especially the ones that have been around since 2011.
    4. Will there be any commitment to respond to bug reports in a timely manner, for example 2 weeks? It doesn't feel very collaborative when you don't respond for 5 weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Erik,

Definitely yes. Like for the past few maintenance releases, also for the next release we will strive to get the top-of-the-list bugs fixed.

Sure - cleaning up the Bug Reports section and being more present in the forum has started again with this communication.
    We have a living prioritized list of issues which is not only populated by what is reported here, but also by what Tech Support provides us in their weekly updates. We want to invest our time into fixes that bring value to as many as possible users. Unfortunately the age of an issue is not always sufficient to push up its priority above what needs to be also done. But moving forward we will for sure dedicate much more time to resolving issues compared to implementing new features.

I get you. It's not always easy to respond to reports with something meaningful, if you already know that the reported issue is going to land on position 189 of the backlog. But I can re-assure you: we are reading this forum, the reports are transferred to our internal bugtracker and prioritized based on the response they receive in the forum and on their relevance in Tech Support.
    But unfortunately it is impossible to make any predictions or announcements in context of bug fixing.

Thank you for asking these critical questions! I hope the answers shed some light into how we intend to proceed and what can be expected.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Thank you for cleaning up the bug reports, it looks a lot better now.

That's great to hear, I think a lot of Traktor users would be very happy to see some of the long-standing bugs fixed.

That's ok, I meant more what's a reasonable time for someone at NI to try to reproduce the issue and either file it in your bug tracker, or ask for more information. That way we know a bug report hasn't been forgotten. I think it's great that you're willing to post the issue's position in the backlog, especially as priorities can sometimes shift out of the blue.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Alex Partyz

Alex Partyz New Member

When your next tractor has come?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

Any update Friedemann on the XDJ 1000 MK2 beta ? would be nice for some monthly updates on the state of traktor and new features updates.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SanderSantema

SanderSantema NI Product Owner

Couldn't agree any more!

8. Scott Rotton

Scott Rotton New Member

Looking foward to usign the new traktor even if it means i have to repurchase updated hardware although i would love for the older units to be incorporated, especially the last product lineup like d2's etc

• Like Like x 1
  9. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

any news?

10. Scratch-E Con

Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

Yeah... What's next NI?

11. Gazza_925

Gazza_925 New Member

Hi I was un sure on where to post this however it is indeed a 'bug' issue. I am running Traktor pro 2 (v good when it is working) and I use Stanton djc-4 controller. I have had my set up working before however now there are issues and all I want to do is DJ so please can somebody help me. I go to --> audio setup/output routing, where I can select output monitor and master. I only have the option for the four decks of my controller named 1,2,3,4. controller map is installed, asio 4 all drivers installed. sound just gets louder when I hit the cue for headphones, gets quieter etc. I really wanna get down to mixing and its been like this for weeks now, so frustrating can someone please help me with this?

12. SanderSantema

SanderSantema NI Product Owner

There are help and bug forums, this is not the right thread. Posting here would probably be better: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/traktor-pro-traktor-scratch-pro.210/

It's not that I don't want to help you btw, but I've got no clue about the stanton controller or ASIO drivers since I use the Traktor S5 and Mac OS. Hopefully someone else can help you.

13. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

No reply from dev's in almost a month sounds like were back to square one...kinda disappointing tbh.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

It's (school) holiday time in Berlin... A lot of ppl are out of the town or sth. You can be sure that it is worked on everything in the background.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alex Partyz

Alex Partyz New Member

But be ensured that the team working on Traktor Pro is fully dedicated to deliver something new to you this year which will also be publicly tested in this Public Beta group later this summer.
    Friedemann

Until the end of the summer there are two weeks.
    What's next...?

• Like Like x 2
  16. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

I wish we had that kind of time off where I work.

17. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

Please see minute 9:40 of this video:

this video tells exactly my feelings. It touches exactly the top pain points of Traktor.

Summary:

1:21 Private invement - Comparison to Denon case

1:40 Native instruments - Production-branch vs DJ-branch

3:55 2018 controllers support (either their own, OR the competiton)

5:58 video support

6:18 Elastic beatgrids

7:20 4-channel standalone mixer

7:33 D2+jogwheels

9:40 Lack of communication

10:50 Lack of roadmap clarity

11:10 Stems + S8 + S5 - only useful for deep house

12:36 Traktor and Maschine - Only integrated with ableton link

14:10 Summary: #pray4Traktor

To keep things balanced, this is a compilation of Traktor 3.0 news / promises:

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2014/10/traktor-pro-3-10-features-wed-love-see/

https://djtechtools.com/2015/09/13/maschine-integration-traktor-pro-3-0-feature-wishlist/

https://djtechtools.com/2016/09/29/traktor-pro-2-11-public-beta-ableton-link-remix-deck-step-sequencer/

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2018/04/traktor-pro-3-finally-close/

https://djtechtools.com/2018/01/04/traktor-pro-2-11-2/

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2018/04/traktor-pro-2-11-3-12-beta-drops-not-quite-traktor-pro-3-getting/

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2018/04/traktor-pro-phased-new-hardware-software-announced-2018/

18. hellnegative

Am I the only person that sees something wrong in there being absolutely NO NI direct posts regarding the future of Traktor. They have an active IG, Facbook, Twitter, Blog, and Website. Yet, the only mention ever from NI was a brief one sentence blurb in the beta test section of the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

Those are mainly third party wish lists - no official announcements or "promises".
    Nothing too surprising.
    Why would NI spill the beans about a product that is yet to come?
    It would just give the competition time to implement that stuff.

20. hellnegative

The difference between NI and the Competition is that the competition have consistently released with or licensed new products over the two year period that NI's DJ division ghosted the community.