What's next...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Friedemann @ NI, Jun 12, 2018.

1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

As a freelancer, I dont have this, either... But if you're hired in Germany, there is a a minimum of holiday days you have. In Germany, there are a lot of other crazy worker's laws, like paternal leave up to 14 months and such :)

2. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

to try reducing losing customers every day that passes?...

3. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

THIS

4. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

I'm not sure if they are really losing customers at the rate that some of you are thinking.
    And even if so, there's plenty of options (at least, for Mac users) to convert back their libraries if a new and promising Traktor is released.

I've dipped my toe in the RBDJ pond, too.
    So what? I'll just have both softwares for now and will decide for one of them one day - or just keep both.

5. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

Companies leak product information all the time. If other companies can beat you to market on products you really should be close to releasing, then there's something far wrong with your design process. Besides, NI's recent innovations in DJ technology haven't exactly inspired competitors have they?

6. [chris b]

They have 1 controller in the top ten sales in the US, the S4. How long ago was that released?

They've killed their 2 most recent controllers. Why? Because sales were obviously bad.

Customers are people who spend money on products, not people who own them. I haven't bought any NI DJ product since Traktor Pro 2 was released, in 2011. There's been nothing worth paying for.

7. Alex Partyz

Alex Partyz New Member

When it's time for a new product and software I'm even afraid to imagine by their standards.

Attached Files:

8. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

Yep, when releasing new hardware that's true.
    But no one is giving away their road map for the next major software release.

9. [chris b]

Really? Google and Apple announce major updates to Android/IOS months before it gets released. Android Pie was announced back in March, and was only released this month.

10. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Google/Apple are very specific products that don't really have a lot of competition apart from each other. Because of that they don't have to worry about competitors looking at their announcements and adding the same features to competing products. The other important thing is that Android/IOS aren't marketed products. You don't see Apple announcing the iPhone 8/9/X/Y/Z six months before it's available because that's the product they sell.

If NI were to make an announcement saying that in six months time they were bringing out a new software release together with a set of new controllers they'd effectively kill their market for the next six months.

Mike

11. Scratch-E Con

Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

Rane introduced the 72 already last summer. It just came out recently.

Over the past few months NI seem to be opening up a bit. But still not enough to my taste.

12. [chris b]

That's exactly what they've done. They've announced there will be new hardware and software this year. Why would anybody now buy NI DJ great knowing it'll be superseded very soon?

13. [chris b]

And the iphone X was officially announced 2 months before it was released, and leaked long before that.

14. sangdogg

sangdogg NI Product Owner

I would refuse to service or sell the product to someone with a negative profit for 7 years.

15. [chris b]

Would you? Good for you.

Pretty difficult to refuse, when I've got no intention of buying anything. Idiot.

16. sangdogg

sangdogg NI Product Owner

Then what's the point of your idiotic nonsense comparison without supporting NI but torrenting or a few dollars spent at best for the legit used serial?

Comparability of the negative profit company versus apple/google's leaked images of future product?

I finally saw what made NI's delay so long and abusers would never understand how the business works.

Like a shot I think NI should stop wasting power for the free midi controller support as people doesn't appreciate it but complain. And charge every HID for monthly or full package cost. Be super greedy like how serato made it impossible to enable 4 tracks without spending $900 + tax or charge monthly extra for DVS, charge monthly extra for effects.

This also caught me a little bit of sense why minimum $400 spent every single Serato DJs down value us, I'm not sure, but it feels like most of the time they see freeloaders without proper anything displayed Traktor software.

17. [chris b]

What the **** are you on about? Seriously? Torrenting? What?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Duluxx

Duluxx NI Product Owner

Have no idea. He must be talking to himself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

I think thsi guy took one too many tabs before getting on his computer.

20. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

Personally I would even pay in advance to have proper MIDI controller support in Traktor.
    But this idea simply doesn't exist on the NI side.

Please see at 1:20 is comparison to Serato, I fully agree with DJ Keo: