1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

What's the point?

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by [chris b], Apr 18, 2018.

1. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

Of this feature request section? We already have a badly neglected feature request section. Do we really need a second one?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi Chris,

this Feature Request section has a double purpose:
    • not everything observed in context of testing a new version is necessarily a bug - often features feel incomplete or inspire to want more. In our internal pretests to conduct a beta test in our forum, we observed how fast the real and critical bug reports got lost amongst many related and unrelated feature requests. We therefore created a separate section for this kind of posts to keep the bug report area clean.
    • secondly we intend to be more active and more transparent on these topics than in the past. We are very aware of the frustration that you describe and creating another section called Feature Requests probably feels for you like we have created the next trash bucked. All I can ask you for, is to give us some time to show that we take this new aperture towards our users needs very seriously and will observe this section as closely as the bug reports.
    This said, It would be great if someone would link discussions that started in this section to the related threads that have been going on the main feature request section, so that we can have a more holistic view on the topics.

• Like Like x 7
  3. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

Why not just actually read the existing features forum? Because burying a features forum in the beta section is likely to see it missed by a lot of users.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Thanks for coming in and acknowledging the frustration and neglect, Friedemann. Do you think we can begin listing the most important/popular feature requests and having dialog with you guys at NI to sort of shape a working timeline? I am not asking for a detailed list of when features are coming. I simply think NI should begin to add the features that many loyal users have asked for which would also benefit new users (that we can agree are being targeted). We want to keep supporting NI, but that feels like a hard choice when features have been removed from the second version of the S61 and Maschine still has old bugs. I understand that you (at NI) want to be innovative, such as by adding Sounds.com. Checking the feature request list (and forums in general) would provide plenty of innovative features to choose to add. Like it or not, NI is in competition. And, adding a feature a competitor has helps keep this ship afloat.

To be clear, the veterans and rookies here have asked for what we lost, features that are standards in other similar products and new features that would help NI continue to revolutionize the way music is made. Can we have a precise conversation of what will be/is being focused on? I feel like ignoring requests subverts potential income. Current users will sell their equipment for a lower price to the potential new users. And, NI doesn't make money from secondhand deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I agree @friedemann-ni you could easily gauge the support from the past threads, i’ve Stopped coming to these forums because in the past they seem neglected by N.I. you cant expect us to do your job for you. Why not take the time out to create user polls from N.I. To the customers not expect us to do the same.

Much respect, long time Traktor user

6. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

Thanks for moving this conversation into a constructive direction. I agree with much of what you stated.
    We have read much of what has been discussed in the forum, but as we haven't been able to deliver what was requested, I have to admit that I also have stopped to come here.

This winter we have been discussing how we can get back to a normal and respectful level of communication in this forum and we have decided to not do any kind of announcement or promises, but to simply start delivering for gaining back trust before we start talking again. This is what we did since we released 2.11.1 last fall and is what we will continue to do.

In this 2.11.3 request section we observe that the current requests are quite consistent with our internal priorities - which is great. There are reasons for why we haven't been delivering over the past years, which we may be able to explain later this year.

For now let's focus on this beta test and gain back confidence in the future of Traktor.

• Like Like x 5
  7. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

That's good to hear & really looking forward to that explanation!

** [​IMG] **

Hoping for clean slate, modular & (nicely) customizable rewrite for Traktor Pro 3 (for years now) taking the best of Traktor Pro2 & iPad TraktorDj into one new package suitable for the Traktor legacy, and the year 2018 at the same time...
    c.

8. DJ Tranz

DJ Tranz NI Product Owner

Yeiii so happy for this. Look forward to more exciting things to come in the future. I've been using Serato and Rekordbox and always find myself comparing it to Traktor and how much easier it is to use and how tight the beatgrid analyse etc is. But left traktor because of supportmi look forward to going back.

9. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

good plan!

indeed this was my first feeling as well. This was cleared on your longer clarification, above.

10. DJ Tranz

DJ Tranz NI Product Owner

Well so far they have been proving it to me. I had some issues and customer support was right on it. Walked me through it. Including photos of how to and videos.

Thanks NI
    For your support and earning back my trust