1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

What's the trick to getting Maschine to work with NI's own plugins?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by keyman_sam, Feb 14, 2018.

1. keyman_sam

keyman_sam NI Product Owner

This is the Nth time I'm having this issue. It says plugin not found, or content not loaded, or some variation of that.

1. Native Access has an issue - it says relocate some plugins because the 32-bit versions are not shown and the 64-bit path is incorrect. If I try to fix the 64-bit path it won't succeed because the 32-bit path is still not valid (and it's not valid because I don't install 32 bit plugins anymore).
    2. After re-scanning and maschine FINDING NI plugins successfully, it still won't load its own presets. Do I really need to update every damn plugin I have? I have NI Komplete Ultimate and I don't even space to update some plugins (15 GB seriously?)
    3. The Libraries show all Kontakt libraries paths, such as session strings pro and session strings. Yet when i load a maschine preset it says Session STrings could not be loaded. WTF?

Seriously, I have NI's own Komplete Ultimate and Maschine Studio and I can't even get its own groups loaded properly. What magic sauce am I missing? Why is it so hard? Don't complain when your sales dip because you drove loyal NI users like myself towards push because you properly test your flagship products. Though I LOVED that with the newest update the output group settings will be preserved when changing presets, I can't use them in standalone now. I want to love your updates and use them. I love your products. But don't kill my/our enthusiasm with day-1 issues like these. It'll be a heck a lot more useful to say "this is what you need to do to fix this error" than the stupid "not found" error. Or to not have that error at all.

Please. Fix. This. Sh!t. Sincerely, a fan and a loyal user.

2. Coorec

Coorec NI Product Owner

Now thats all local on your drives. Soon its in the web if i get the sounds.com trend right.

The help window will then say: "not found - please check the internet"

Its ridiculous to think that someone programmed these error windows with zero customer support in mind.

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

#1 - What do you mean "I don't install 32-bit plugins anymore" Did you manually delete the 32bit VST versions?
    #2 - Try re-installing one plugin to check if that's a correct assumption.
    #3 - Under Preferences>Plugins are there 32-bit plugins listed? Any custom locations? Are your plugins located at the paths in the preferences?
    Whats your OS and version?
    Are you running the 64bit version of Maschine?

Also, see if any of these offer a solution for you:

Helping the OP would be more useful than complaining on his thread about something that might or might not happen.
    I do agree that these errors should be more descriptive though.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

No if you use a sound it gets downloaded only previews will be online only - otherwise it wouldn't make any sense

Uwe

And of course the plugins need to be updated!!

5. Reo.w

Reo.w NI Product Owner

i woke up this morning, & saw NI's email regarding phasing out the 32-Bit login for Maschine & immediately knew it would accelerate these type of issues.. i posted a thread about it today (& actually posted one in February 2016 after one of their software updates).. because every time NI updates their software.. & i click 64-Bit.. i've had missing plugin issues (along with others who want to use 32-bit plugs that they spent a lot of money on), & i too have seen issues where NI's own stuff doesn't get recognized on their 64-Bit platform.. so i stayed with 32-Bit for that reason..

people on my thread are acting like i'm tripping, or that i need to get with the program & be more future forward.. all my computers are 64-Bit, 16 RAM, PCIe SSDs, i7 processors, tubo-boost.. i could go on.. BUT the real problem is NI's 64-Bit system is one of the only 64-Bit systems i've ever seen that doesn't allow you to incorporate 32-Bit things in it. their 64-Bit system won't recognize 32-Bit things.. & thats not common. 64-Bit is supposed to also recognize 32-bit.

Someone on my thread posted this (i'm going to try it later, hopefully its helpful):

noisyvagabond said: I've never used it, but apparently people have some luck with this.

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

6. Coorec

Coorec NI Product Owner

I am not complaining. I feel its important to point certain flaws on every ocasion where they are relevant.

And by flaw i dont mean this unhelping window, but the attitude that led to it coming into existance.

And may be, if you cant always see the bigger picture in certain comments you should not be so patronizing at answering them. Thats the third time in recent weeks where you miss the important bits in posts but dont hesitate to rebuke them anyways.
    I respect your work here on this forum, but may be next time ask yourself wether its may be you missing something when someone who uses Maschine as long as you do and is as loyal to NI as you are posts something you find strange.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  7. D-One

Let me give you an example if I was to point out my personal sequencer concerns and things I consider flaws everytime someone asks a sequencer related question I would hijack every thread. There are no cloud plugins yet, no one knows if or when that will happen, mentioning it might only confuse the OP and clutter his help thread, for him and for anyone else who ends in this thread looking for a solution.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, it wasn't my intention, the tone gets lost when writing on a forum, it wasn't even that serious, maybe if I had put a smiley face there it would have made my tone more clear and wouldn't have offended you. Well, the important bit here for me is to help someone fix their issue, remember I'm just human too and I make mistakes and usually don't hesitate to apologize like I just did. What you said got me thinking though, maybe i debate way too much here, I'll tone it down.

8. Coorec

Coorec NI Product Owner

Of course there is software as a service already available. Even for instrument plug ins.
    Again you are missing the point, interpreting my words within a too narrow context.
    Do you think NI is going to invent a groundbreaking new internet technology when they do what Haffer said?

Your apology is duely noted, though i dont think it was necessary. But its rare enough anyone on te internet looks into oneself to reflect own misbehaviour.

I know for a fact i come across much harsher than i often mean to. Its mainly talking difficult things in a foreign language tho and not a lack of empathy.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  9. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

the answer is always "duct tape"

64 bit only sees 64 bit plugs unless it has a bridge.

32 bit can only load 32 bit though it may, by a rare error, still have 64 bit one in list, though it is not supposed to, if try to you load a 64 bit plug in a 32 bit app, it will crash.

if you have missing plug ins it is because you either did not let the scan app to run or you have the wrong versions installed. for mac you can have 32/64 bit hybrid, for windows you will have 2 versions, so on a mac you need to read the specs and on windows you have to make sure to install the correct version.

if you want to run both 32 and b4 bit, you need to run an app like cubase 8.5 or earlier as it has a bridge. this is the last version of cubase to support this. cubase 9+ no longer will do this. you can open cubase 9 files in cubase 8, so it is easy to finish your project or create audio mix downs in 8 and import the track to 9 using the 32 bit plugs.

if you were using cubase 8.5 and recently upgraded to 9.5, your 32 bit plug ins will no longer be there.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  10. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

easier...don't use 32-bit anything. Its like using an old 'flip' dumb phone... 32-bit just isn't relevant anymore.

For the OP, it sounds to me like you somehow co-mingled your 32-bit and 64-bit plug-in folder somehow, so now the host scanning those plug-ins is getting confused on which is which. I'd recommend a reinstall of the plug-ins, with completely separate folders for 32 and 64-bit (that is if you are even going to install the 32-bit versions). For me on windows 10, I have folders C:\VST_64 and C:\VST_32. Any new plug-ins I install go into the corresponding folders only...and I never install 32-bit if the installer has the option. In my main DAW, which is now AL10 , I only tell it to scan the 64-bit folder....and no issues even if I install the 32-bit version too.

11. keyman_sam

keyman_sam NI Product Owner

Thanks for the response.
    #1. I uncheck the 32-bit versions during install. Do I really have to install 32 bit plugins again? Isn't that counter intuitive? It was working at some point without this hoopla.
    #3. No 32-bit plugins. The only path I've included is the 64-bit NI plugins path.

All my 64-bit NI plugins are in C:/Program Files/VST 64-Bit plugins/Native Instruments.
    All my 32-bit stuff is in C:/Program Files(x86)/VST 32-bit Plugins/

I'm in Windows 7 x64.

I see 2 of each sound in my browser, that's another mess. Everytime I open Maschine it tells me I need to install previews, if I click Ok it pops up an error box. Native access has no such thing as previews. It seems like I'm the ideal beta tester for NI's Maschine.

Another golden egg - I open FM8 and it's wiped out all my banks and sounds. God knows where they are.

12. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Pretty much same setup and folder arrangement here too, with no issues either. :)

13. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

This leads me to believe that your Maschine preferences has it scanning two different folders/paths with the same NI plugins/DLLs, which can cause issues. That may be why FM8 is coming up empty...its finding the plugin that is not in the folder with your sounds or banks. You should not have two copies of the exact same plugin/DLL file on your computer and definitely should not have Maschine scanning folders (either the NI default or custom paths) that contain the exact same plugins/DLL files. You really need to do some detective work to sort this out by tracing the paths/contents of all folders that Maschine is pointing to or scanning and removing paths for any duplicate plugins. Or by doing a trial error method by unchecking/rescanning each folder one at a time, and then testing each plugin...either way it can be a tedious process.

14. D-One

1 - If the old versions are still there it could be causing issues.
    2 - Because they are NI's own plugins Maschine might still try to load them as the 32 bit path is the default one.

I would try getting rid of all 32bit plugins temporarily (delete or move them somewhere else), then re-scan and see if that helps.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  15. b_diddley

b_diddley New Member

I'm running Maschine 2 SW & HW on a WIN 10 desktop tower.

I ran into the situation whereby my primary disk drive (C) can't handle all the software and libraries. Therefore I started loading the libraries on my D: drive, to include the VSTs.
    Maschine 2 used to be installed on C://program files / Native Instruments via Native Access

I uninstalled Machine 2 from C:/ and performed a fresh Machine install on D://without any degraded program functionality

There is a VSTPlugins Custom 64 bit on the D: drive as well. Appears that Ableton Live created "custom 64 bit " folder

I read most of the articles and took the NI advice including....
    3.2. Relocate the Plug-in File
    1. If the plug-in version of the file is 32-bit (IA32), it was probably moved from the original installation folder. There are two ways to resolve this issue:
      • Move this file to your VST32 location folder, find the 64-bit plug-in file and move it to the VST64 location folder.
    even though I have a D:/Native Instruments/ VST Plugins 64_bit folder , my VSTs aren't functioning. IE I can't load Massive library or Kontakt library inside of Maschine 2 software. I'm out of my mind that I wasted soo much time on this!!!
    Even when I devoted time for music production / post - production, it seems 80% of that time is spent troubleshooting HW/SW
    [​IMG]

16. SM313

SM313 NI Product Owner

Make sure you're using the vst versions of the plug ins..

17. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Ensure you run NI plugins standalone before using them inside Maschine

18. b_diddley

b_diddley New Member

i did exactly what you stated. I opened Kontakt 5 application, and the results were as expected. I was able to load my instrument libraries without a problem. However I don't understand the next steps in relation to working with the same Kontakt libraries and successfully initializing Machine 2. Can NI Super users chime in here, please.?! NI Kontakt_5 load success JAN2019.JPG