1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

What's this drum sound?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by jg::, Apr 5, 2017.

1. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

Hi folks. A slightly off-centre question, if you don't mind....

This is a section of a piece of music of mine, put together using an early version of Kontakt. But I'm wondering, how would you describe the main high-pitched drum sound in this snippet? Temple Drum? Hi-Tom? It's not really cowbell, but...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/axhpdmbalg261yc/Slinky 30sec intro.mp3?dl=0

Any guesses?

jg::

2. airflamesred

airflamesred NI Product Owner

Is there a prize?!

3. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Just to clarify which drum sound you mean:

Can you post a timestamp of the sound in the snippet? Or an additional shorter snippet where you can only hear this single drum sound?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I can ear some generic sticks, an Indian tabla and a triangle.

5. jg::

solger, not the triangle or high bell sound, but the constant rhythmic sound that's sort-of half-way between a cowbell and a kalimba. At 10 seconds it's joined by another sparser low-pitched marimba sound, but it's the higher sound I'm interested in. Some sort of sample, but is it a drum? Is it metal?

And yes, maybe there will be a prize, airflamesred....!

6. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Not sure if this might be some kind of wooden (or bamboo?) sticks. Or maybe a stick hitting a dampened bell ...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  7. jg::

Thanks folks!
    jg::