What's your favorite sample flip? Win a Tracklib account with free tracks!

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by goridread, May 31, 2017.

1. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

I'm proud to be launching Tracklib - https://tracklib.com - to a slightly larger audience today!

To celebrate this I'd love for you to share your best sample flip. Just post it in the comments here and we'll pick the best one, who will get an account with 10 free track downloads. That's immediate access - with free downloads right away!

For those of you that don't know what we do - we're creating a new sampling service where classic tracks can be licensed for LEGAL sampling within just a few minutes for a reasonable sum. We're going to make sure that everyone here can legally sample real music again, while the original rights holders get a fair share as well!

Here's a video where Hank Shocklee, Prince Paul and Tom "Tommy Boy" Silverman explains more:

Oh, and this flip is amazing:
    http://www.whosampled.com/sample/55090/Ras-Kass-Goldyn-Chyld-Jack-Trombey-Legless/

• Like Like x 1
  2. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

Most recently Mad Nice. Everybody and their mother knows Thriller and Vincent Price's laugh but it sounds fresh here.

3. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

Original Sample:

Flip:

• Like Like x 2
  4. goridread

Ok, I know I can't win this one, but anyway. Here's a good flip using a track you can buy right now for $2 and then license legally for $50 (plus share of the new recording) from Tracklib:

Original sample (available on Tracklib):

Flip:

Thanks to one of our first users Omar Lopez who runs the great FB group Sample Spotters for this one. You should join:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/samplespotters/

5. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

6. Asteryx

Asteryx NI Product Owner

Man, hard to pick just one...

Original:

Flip:

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Original:

TroyBoi Flip

8. goridread

Bumping this with another track and flip from Tracklib. To license this track legally for sampling would be $50:

Original track, Black Merda - Reality:

Flip:

9. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

This is one of my all time faves and the sample was truly flipped.

10. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

11. GoGoGomez

GoGoGomez NI Product Owner

NI is pretty hands-off with this forum, I can't imagine any other business that would allow self promotion of another company selling a competing product.

12. Asteryx

Asteryx NI Product Owner

I may be wrong but I see it more as a symbiotic relationship... Many Maschine owners use it for sampling => Tracklib proclaims to provide a legal and easy means of acquiring samples => Users break down and reuse those samples in new tracks using Maschine => When those tracks and/or producers end up on the charts or garner millions of hits on the "interweb" the producer lets the world know that he/she creates using Maschine and Tracklib and oh, Maschine rocks => Win-Win

• Like Like x 1
  13. goridread

This competition was initiated by us and NI together, and was promoted on the NI twitter account as well. You can also win a Tracklib account in the latest Beat Battle!

We're big Maschine fans over here, that's what we use to demo our product, and I've been a user since MK1. Since we don't create anything close to what NI does, and NI doesn't sell classic songs to sample - we're not competitors.

Also, I've tried asking them in an email when we get audio tracks too... but no luck. :(

14. GoGoGomez

GoGoGomez NI Product Owner

You're very much competing with NI for expansion pack sales and you know it. A typical Maschine owner has a limited budget for samples/expansions/sounds.

15. hyjax

hyjax NI Product Owner

I think there's a huge difference between royalty free samples and track licensing. I would only touch the latter if I had a lawyer holding my 10 foot pole. I see Tracklib's service as really in that legal area

16. goridread

Last day for this! Post your flips and tomorrow I'll send out the emails!

17. flipmokid

flipmokid New Member

18. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...on a more serious note than the last one - I like this track a lot. I always think, it was a very good find and it always fascinated me what a catchy riff he created by playing the second half of the loop before the the first. So simple and so effective.

at about 3:15

19. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

20. goridread

Even with Dilla in the running the winner has to be @toneyrome for that Just Blaze Super Freak flip. That one really shows how a great producer can flip even a well known hit to something really new. Love it.

Everyone, check your private messages here on the board. <3

• Like Like x 1