1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

When and how

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Tancos, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmstudio99

gmstudio99 Forum Member

Ronev...your first paragraph is exactly correct...One perception could be "Hey, NI finally has come out with all the extra ensembles we were promised, but now we have to PAY $99 to get them!" That's how I see it, at least.

But your second paragraph...way off base...I've been using a couple of the Dynamo ensembles almost daily in my tv and radio commercial productions. I'm definitely a user, and do understand the depth of many of the ensembles. Has Dynamo paid for itself in my studio? Many times over.

But that's not the point here. The point is the crediblity of a promise of "regularly extend[ing] the Dynamo Library with new instruments...as free downloads." (Taken right off the Dynamo box.) So now comes the deluge of new ensembles, but instead of being available as free downloads, we gotta pony up almost just as much as the original Dynamo retailed for (I paid $129). Maybe NI just figured we'd forget about this and they could just sweep it under the rug. And the sad part is, they're probably right.

Against all better judgement, I'll probably end up bending over and taking it up the tailpipe and plopping down my $99 here soon and getting the upgrade.

To Opaqueaudio: (your post sure reads like it was written by NI themselves) I hope you understand that this isn't about wanting a free upgrade. This is about holding a company responsible to their promises. If I sold a radio spot and sold unlimited usage rights with it, and then two years later sent another invoice to my client and said "Just kidding, now you gotta pay for usage" I'd be out of business overnight. I can't get away with it, NI shouldn't get away with it either.

Paul

2. ronev

ronev Forum Member

Paul:

1. Every day, some company changes it's mind about some marketing strategy. It's not against the law, in most cases. Those companies weigh the ups and downs of their decisions, and either do it or not.
    In this case, I suspect NI saw that Dynamo did not do as well in the marketplace as they originally hoped, which meant that their costs associated with each new instrument or upgrade sent to us (for free) would be too high as a fraction of units sold. So they decided to just re-vamp the whole thing. Not a bad decision, in my mind.

2. You think $228 total outlay for Reacktor Session is too much? Man, look around and see what else is available for that.

3. You're going to buy the upgrade, I'm going to buy it, as are many others. I, for one, am glad I don't have to pay the full $279 for what looks like to be a pretty good piece of software, with (thank God) a totally re-vamped audio engine that's hopefully a little less cpu-hungry.

NI breaking promises is not going to affect my life, I'll just continue to use the best software instruments I can find (from whomever), and just continue to make music....as if I had a choice.

3. ecaep

ecaep NI Product Owner

inofficial NI future newsletters:

2004.02 breaking news:
    NI: sorry, but the Reaktor Session engine is not compatible to the .ens build by Reaktor V4.11 and higher - but you can use the old ones.

NI: sorry, but the activation process changed by introducing Reaktor 4.20 so Reaktor Session will be not longer supported by the online registration. never Mind, until your OS is fine, - than all is fine.

2004.04/2
    NI: sorry, the new activation process needs a restructuring of our famous >user-library< all .ens will be converted to Reaktor V4.20 standard. Reaktor-Session - Users will be glad to here, that we plan to open a library >R.S-only<

NI: we are proud to annouce the first new R.S-only-.ens

NI decided not to support Reaktor Session any more.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Sorry NI: ecaep is proud not to use NI products anymore ;-)

4. Spirit

Spirit Forum Member

"opaqueaudio" - another one-post wonder leaping to the defence of poor little NI. Why is it that it's the one-post wonders that defend NI ? Could it be that they are really .... but no, that'd be too cynical to suggest. ;)

5. gmstudio99

gmstudio99 Forum Member

Any of you guys wander up to the Reaktor forum? Apparently this upgrade they want us to pay for is completely unusable and suffered from very poor beta testing.

What the heck is going on at NI? They used to be the best, IMO...

Sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.