When exactly will Akoustik Piano be "reissued" as a Kontakt libray?

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by Icaras, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icaras

Icaras NI Product Owner

I already own Akoustik Piano via Komplete 5, but I now have 6 and I'm looking forward to using the piano models within Kontakt.

Any idea of a timetable for the AP release on Kontakt?

2. JasonSpatola

JasonSpatola Forum Member

They've not said anything officially yet. What's up with NI really sucking at customer support lately?

3. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Akoustik Piano can work in Kontakt 3 or Kontakt 4 just fine. I don't know whether NI plans to release it as a soundpack or not.

4. Klinke

Klinke Account Suspended

They do...sorry i have no link, but some NI-staff said it. When, is another question.
    The point of it is more..that they own the samples and they could easily be sold as a Soundpack in the case that new users want to buy it..hard cash for NI.

5. Mr-Emulator

Mr-Emulator NI Product Owner

Copied from NIs announcement:

"Akoustik Piano: The sounds of this instrument can and should be used with the free Kontakt Player, which is a much better platform regarding its sample engine and compatibility. The four individual piano models will also be re-issued as Kontakt-Powered instruments for download in the near future."

Since the samples seem to work fine with Kontakt and/or it's Player i guess NI will release the Pianos as regular Kore Instruments for wich you have to pay for.

6. JasonSpatola

David Das is correct, however - you can already use the AP samples you already have in Kontakt 4 - it's actually superior to the original AP plugin.

7. Henning @ NI

Henning @ NI NI Team NI Team

8. sergiobklyn

sergiobklyn NI Product Owner

Are these the same pianos as the ones in Akoustik Piano?

9. JasonSpatola

No upgrade path/pricing for AP owners?

10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Are the new instruments available for us AP owners to download yet? I can't see why there should need to be an upgrade path as such as they are just the repackaged libraries (maybe a few minor changes?) we all have but it would be nice to have the new skins in Kontakt.

11. goosee

goosee Forum Member

Indeed - I look forward to hearing how this is going to work...

12. Henning @ NI

Yes.

13. Henning @ NI

No, as these are basically the same instruments as in Akoustik Piano. You can continue to use AP or load the instruments in Kontakt.

14. Klinke

Klinke Account Suspended

..u dont need it, if u already have it...

All as expected, just a bit quicker.

15. JasonSpatola

But they're not exactly the same, now are they?

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

That's what I thought but it would be nice to have the latest versions (inc the nice new skins) in an update - shouldn't be difficult surely Henning? :)

17. Klinke

Klinke Account Suspended

Isn't it the sound that matters?
    I dont own the soundpacks..(just) AP, but i dont think that the soundpacks (also for Kontakt...like when u use AP) offer more options for soundtweaking...i saw the reverb etc..even looks the same.

You don't buy the samples with AP...you buy a licence. NI owns em and now they spilt em up to let (new) customers the option to buy single ones(Lic.)...or a bundle.
    Why should there be different samples?

18. Jusupov

Jusupov Forum Member

One important point, though: currently AP just happens to work in Snow Leopard and Kontakt 3.5 (and apparently 4, which I don't have). It is not officially supported (you discontinued it, remember). These new instruments are. Now that actually means that they are NOT the same instruments. The new pianos are supported officially, AP is not.

My question: why would you (NI) not give AP owners a free upgrade? Is it because you want to re-sell those pianos to them in the future (when the unsupported AP stops working in future OSXs and such)? So we would end up paying twice...

Do the fair thing and prove me wrong.

19. geoelectro

geoelectro NI Product Owner

Dude! AP was discontinued! You can use your AP sounds/samples in Kontakt or the free Kontakt player. That's your upgrade. Kontakt!

Geoelectro

20. Henning @ NI

Akoustik Piano and the new Pianos are the same in terms of samples and script. You can download the current version of Kontakt Player (based on Kontakt 4) for free. As geoelectro said: use Kontakt Player to load the Akoustik Piano content.

Kontakt Player will be supported for upcoming operating system versions, so there'll be no need for Akoustik Piano Owners to buy the new Pianos.

Best,

Henning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.