When exactly will Akoustik Piano be "reissued" as a Kontakt libray?

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by Icaras, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Stevie_

_Stevie_ NI Product Owner

Absolutely +1!

2. topaz

topaz NI Product Owner

the thing is we are told to use kontakt 4 player but most of
    the controls from the plugin are missing so to use AP properly in k4 player we need
    the updated nki,s

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  3. MartinOM28V

MartinOM28V NI Product Owner

It would be a nice gesture just to get a discounted upgrade path from Akoustik Piano to the new products.

4. elxsound

elxsound NI Product Owner

Another vote here... it would be nice to have an upgrade!

5. Dizzi45Z

Dizzi45Z NI Product Owner

Another vote here on releasing the new skins or providing an upgrade path option.

I am just barely becoming fond of Native Instruments again after 2 years of no support on the original Akoustik Piano software for Pro Tools 8 on Leopard but then sort of resolved to the free player solution. I would love to see the tiniest ounce of good will towards its customers somewhere along the line. Even just a tiny ounce.

6. TvTan

TvTan Forum Member

Please, please , please instigate some support of ongoing product support for Akoustik Piano. There are many people crying out for this, it's not hard and it would do wonders for your customer relations. It is simply not good enough to drop a product and just let it die. I know of know other company that operates this way. Please, in the interest of your customer base and for the sake of you maintaining and growing the people that use your products, do the decent thing. People have paid through the nose for these products, yes OS's change, you're supposed to be a leading technology company, surely a little support and a few patches would go a long way to ensuring customer loyalty and repeat business. Your reputation accross the web is getting a battering for this, is that what you want?

I implore you to do the right thing. B4II, Pro 53, Akoustik Piano and Electrik piano, support and make accesible for Snow Leopard and you have my custom. Don't and you lose it, is that what you want?
    I dont want to import samples into Kontakt, it is NOT the same. Customers are asking you to do the right thing, do it or lose them, please!

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It IS the same, sound is the same.

8. TvTan

TvTan Forum Member

It may sound the same, but the added functionality is not there, the extra work to get previous mixes back up on the desk is a PITA. And I don't want to buy another product to do the same as the one I already have that I only purchased 12 months ago, simple really.

9. topaz

topaz NI Product Owner

I really thought NI would of given us an AP update by now.

it's horrible to know that the same samples are being used in the new library and right now all we need is updated NKi's

please NI listen to us, Akoustik Piano is crippled in kontakt player, please give us the updated skins or at least a free update to the new pianos.

:cool:

10. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Well, that's the way how capitalism works. It seems that AP, EP, B4-II and Pro-53 weren't paying off to NI, so they let them go. No reason to whine. Pro-53 still works, B4-II as well (although VB3 sounds much better than that one). Forget about updates and move on if you will - it's your choice to support NI or not. I guess NI doesn't mind whatever your choice is - they have a lot users using Kontakt and Reaktor and other programs, so I guess their decision is based on a lot of thinking. I guess they calculated in the loss of users, no whining is gonna help you.

11. TvTan

TvTan Forum Member

I think you are misunderstanding what capitalism is, you seem to be referring to economics.

Question for you, do you just lay down and blindly accept everything whether you like it or not? Do you never feel the need to make a stand about anything? I know I do, and it seems there are a lot of other NI customers that do as well. The glory of free speech :)

People aren't "whining", they are voicing an opinion. You're right about it being peoples choice to support NI, it's also their right to make representation to the powers that be if they feel the need to do so. Customers have rights, they are expressing them. NI are listening, of that I have no doubt, that is why the forums are here, so please, with all due respect, let people have their say.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  12. ravs

ravs NI Product Owner

Quite strange that NI makes a new product based on an old one and there is not an update path. That´s what update is all about.

It seems that they want to sell the new products to the old users.

Come on native, we, the old loyal users want the new one. It´s the same, in fact i personally don´t understand why AP is discontinued while replaced by the same thing. In my world that should be an update.

Best.

13. Mr-Emulator

Mr-Emulator NI Product Owner

By dropping the old instruments NI only need to update either Kore or Kontakt from time to time while otherwise they would still have to maintain every single one of the old standalone VSTi's. This is a much easier way to keep their pruduct line up-to-date since the engineers only need to take care about two instead of a half a dozend products. Soundpacks itself rarely need mainentance and will still work in future updates of Kore or Kontakt.

14. ravs

ravs NI Product Owner

Completely agree, but what I don´t understand is Native not giving the loyal costumers the chance to move that route.

Is the same product with different skin, so why not giving your costumers an upgrade crossgrade path?

15. Mr-Emulator

Mr-Emulator NI Product Owner

Maybe i see it a bit more relaxed since i have been given really lots of those 25 Euro vouchers from NI just for registering my stuff and/or as a christmas promotion and propably spent them on the right soundpacks. :)

16. ravs

ravs NI Product Owner

In a logic scenario you should be using that vouchers to buy what you don´t have and not to get what you already have.

Best Regards.

17. _MusicMan_

_MusicMan_ NI Product Owner

The mere fact that AP has been discontinued and a new version of the same concept (3 grands and 1 upright piano) is being marketed,means that it is not the same product.
    The packaging is different,and even the sound,as stated in the marketing information indicates that it has been enhanced with new features and technology.
    By using the term: Discontinued, NI circumvents the the possibility for an upgrade that original licensees may wish to do.
    Very likely is,that the original AP did not sell as well as NI had predicted.
    And offering an upgrade for original buyers does not bring in enough profits.
    By repackaging the product,and including even more enhanced features,NI hopes it will be more profitable.
    By integrating it with Contact to reduce future compatibility issues with different Op systems,etc.....is beside the point.
    That could have been done with the original product.
    Looking at it as fair business practise,I find it lacking.
    There should be a product upgrade offered.
    A lack of foresight in product planning should not be passed onto the original customer,as reduced product features.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  18. tira

tira NI Product Owner

+1 for free access to the new NKI-files of the AP piano models for Kontakt 4.

I don't get it that AP owners have to request that – it should be the most natural thing in the world and an example of good customer relations.

I see that I can import the original NKI-files from AP into Kontakt (3.5). The skin in Kontakt of course looks different from the AP window, but it includes all the controls and is working fine - i.e. I can use the instrument. But that has nothing to do with our expectations regarding the updated skins.

NI is worrying me lately – are products not selling well enough? It seems that resources are somewhat cut back there, especially in customer relationship management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.