When will iPhone 5c work with Z1???

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z1' started by dsjodin, Jan 31, 2014.

1. dsjodin

dsjodin New Member

When will iPhone 5c work with Z1???

2. djdolivieira

djdolivieira New Member

It works already with tge iPhone 5S and 5C but you have to buy adaptor.

3. dsjodin

dsjodin New Member

I bought different adapters and neither work. I think they are crappy adapters. They only cost $1.50.

4. djdolivieira

djdolivieira New Member

That is the problem with Apple. Sometimes a adaptor or cable of a other brand does not work. Sometimes the iphone or ipad does not accept it.

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Yes. It has been stated on this forum many many times that the only adapter that NI recommend and that will 100% pass audio and power is the genuine Apple adapter.

3rd Party adapters are not made like the Apple adapter. There is a lot more to an Apple adapter than simply changing 30pin to lightening.
    It has internal functionality that simply is not employed in cheap adapters.

Also... there is a sticky about this at the top of this subforum.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?197577-Lightning-to-30-pin-Adapter-Advice

Karlos

6. Ru C

Ru C New Member

Hi all, in the same boat as others here too. Whilst I appreciate the adaptor works, it's one more thing to wobble/break, which is not good in front of an audience ! Is there news on when we can purchase a true 'USB to lightning' cable from Native Instruments? Cheers

7. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

No news 'yet' ;)

Karlos