1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Where are my Absynth factory samples?

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by CharlieV, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

If they are not on your hdd - they are deleted!
    So please deinstal Absynth from your mac completely with the onboard deinstaller.
    Use Native Access for a fresh installation with all needing components.

• Like Like x 1
  2. victorp.sg

victorp.sg NI Product Owner

Other than Kontakt instruments (not sure about Reaktor instruments though) and other core instruments with separate Factory Library or Selection installation (such as Maschine 2, Battery 4), all other factory presets, sounds and samples for other instruments will install under the “/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/<product-name>” folder as they don’t expect to grow/expand. This is quite common even for non-NI software products.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CharlieV

CharlieV New Member

Thanks victor p. I do think though that if the template libraries directory in Absynth was pointing here, it would have led me to look in that folder in the first place.

Thanks Paule but the answer is I was not searching in the systems folder. I did not delete anything...I already reinstalled as per your suggestion which did not help.