1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Where did my 16 Stereo Outs go?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by Ruari, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Ruari

Ruari NI Product Owner

With the 3.2.3 update I am no longer able to have 16 stereo outs when using Battery in Logic, I can still have 16 mono outs but the most stereo outs it is showing me in the drop down menu is 9 :(

This is not good, why did this change & is it going to change back again?

Here's a screenshot of one of my Logic projects showing the redundant 7 stereo outs & the options I'm being given in the drop down menu…

I've just had a look through my folders, I've got 11 projects on the go which have been affected by this change - I've got no other option but to go back to 3.2.2. I'd still like to know why this changed & when it will be rectified, surely this wasn't intentional?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. Ruari

Ruari NI Product Owner

So, I've gone back to 3.2.2 to allow me to continue working on my projects.

I just don't understand why the available outputs would have changed, it's not listed in the changelogs from what I can see & I haven't been able to find any documentation about it anywhere else.

Here's the options I'm offered in 3.2.2.

Mono
    Stereo
    16 x mono
    1 x stereo, 15 x mono
    8 x stereo, 8 x mono
    16 x stereo
    1 x 5.1, 15 x mono
    1 x 5.1, 7 x stereo, 8 x mono
    1 x 5.1, 13 x stereo

Here's what I'm offered in 3.2.3. (differences are in bold)

Mono
    Stereo
    16 x mono
    1 x stereo, 15 x mono
    5 x stereo, 7 x mono
    9 x stereo
    1 x 5.1, 11 x mono
    1 x 5.1, 3 x stereo, 5 x mono
    1 x 5.1, 6 x stereo

I can't be the only person who would be affected by this backwards step, I'd really appreciate knowing from someone within NI why on earth you would do this?

Attached Files:

3. Ruari

Ruari NI Product Owner

No response from Technical Support yet

4. xenon20

xenon20 New Member

5. Ruari

Ruari NI Product Owner

Ok, I got a reply from Tech Support but at the time my main computer was in for service so I couldn't try the workaround until now.

To get my 16 stereo outs back I had to open Battery standalone then in the options menu choose 1 stereo & 32 mono outs. Then I closed Battery & opened it in Logic as an AU, closed down Logic & re-opened the standalone.

I changed the options to 16 stereo & 0 mono, closed the standalone & reopened Logic. This time all my output options had returned to normal & I can use the 3.2.3 update with all my previous projects.

I've no idea how that worked, but it did…

6. xenon20

xenon20 New Member

Thanks for updating us. Will give it a try.