Where do you get YOUR tracks from?

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Dubble tap, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Dubble tap

Dubble tap New Member

Hey all,
    New user to this forum, longtime bedroom and wedding Dj. I've been using the same music service (idj pool)for a few years now with some mixed results. I have a huge music collection (2tb) but my dance music is severely lacking, as I never really played EDM it was fine. But now that I want to move more into live stream and EDM venue gigs I am finding it hard to find a site that specializes in EDM, Preferably with an FTP download service. Does anyone have suggestions? Much appreciated
    -Tim

2. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

Beatport would be my suggestion. The sheer amount of music is overwhelming but crate digging online is always interesting.

3. Dubble tap

Dubble tap New Member

As far as I know, beat port music isn't licensed for Dj distribution. And as you said, crate digging online... I want to find somewhere that I can just hit download and get Everything I want.

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

If you buy music from Beatport you can play it at gigs. Every site that sells music will let you download everything once you pay for it.

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

FYI: As long as this conversation is about 'paying for music' then it is allowed. If this turns into a conversation about illegal file sharing etc it gets closed.
    NI will not permit conversation about illegal file sharing.

Karlos

6. Dubble tap

Dubble tap New Member

This is about legal file downloading. I just don't like downloading file by file. FTP servers are always preferred.

7. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

You don't need a specific transfer protocol to download multiple files. Only the correct site or download manager.

8. kallekenkel

kallekenkel NI Product Owner

There is, to my knowledge there is no "flatmate download service".. Not for EDM, nor for any other type of music.
    Of course you have spotify, napster etc, but they will not allow you to download un-DRMed music files.

As makar said, there are great download managers offered by multiple vendors, so there is absolutely no need for FTP.

9. ImNotDedYet

ImNotDedYet Forum Member

beatport, traxsource, junodownload and trackitdown.net are the ones I use. Junodownload has a download manager that allows you to just say download all the files. All the others you have to specifically download file by file as far as I know, however I can download multiple files at the same time. Either traxsource or trackitdown makes you right click the file and save as which is kind of a pain.

10. Real_Blackroom

Real_Blackroom Forum Member

Beatport has it's own downloader that let's you choose how and where you want your files and also how they are named and so on.

11. Ves

Ves NI Product Owner

digital track through iTunes (and now Google Music). Also through the website of artists themselves (most UK ones). For the rest hhv.de and Discogs for my physical music.