Where should I had first in Komplete 12

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by JonSick, Sep 25, 2020.

1. JonSick

JonSick New Member

I have gone through the manual for Maschine which was a great introduction to Komplete. However I have a couple of more immediate goals in mind and was wondering where you would suggest I hit first?

First thing is I have an Akai S3000XL above me and looking to translate various amounts of sample mangling into Komplete. I presume Kontakt is where I need to head, or is that a sample player rather than a fully featured sampler?

Next, looking for more aggressive darkwave sorts of sounds, so dirty kicks, buzzy sounding leads. Which libraries or applications should be higher on my list of places to go next?

2. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

Kontakt is a player for sample libraries, yeah.

Maschine has an excellent sampler built right in. I would recommend using that. Battery and Polyplex are also great for drum samples if you aren't working in Maschine.

Massive and Massive X are gonna be great for those buzzy leads. Really, any of the included synths can get the job done.

Maschine also has built in Drum synth and Bass synth, which are super versatile and can cover most sounds.

And then of course, there's the Maschine expansions. I'd recommend browsing through those and finding one or two that suit the genre you're looking to create in. They're a great starting point and good value for the money, IMO.