1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Which is least hassle for selling Maschine: deregister software or transfer license?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by newtothis, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Roland G

Roland G New Member

Im in a position where I could move to another country in the near future. If that happens, I have to sell some of my items, including Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2.
    So if I sell the keyboard, I have to make the 'hardware transfer' but get to keep the software that came with it? Where can I read more upon it?! Has it been officially announced by now or something? It's a bit confusing...
    If I request a hardware transfer doesn't it remove the software that came with it from my account? Or how does this work exactly

2. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey Roland,
    You would just need to transfer the S61 MK2 HW license (hardware) and you would keep the software. The buyer would receive additional software as soon as he registers the hardware license again. Just as simple as that :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roland G

Roland G New Member

That's great. Thank you.
    I still have one question though. The software came with serial number that was included with the keyboard, so what if I format my drive how can I reinstall the software when I dont own that hardware anymore? Is the software bound to my account and by downloading the Native Access I get to reinstall all that?

4. Matt @ NI

Yes exactly, the software is in your account so you can reinstall with Native Access directly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Louis~

Louis~ NI Product Owner

So if I sell MK3 the Maschine software will still receive updates via Native Access?

6. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

seems like it does not matter anymore and that the software is the OS for the device and is available to anyone that has the device registered in their name..

7. Louis~

Louis~ NI Product Owner

No that’s not what I was asking… What I meant was if I do not have the hardware (sold) do I still have access to the software, the VST plug-in in my DAW and will it still receive updates?

8. victorp.sg

victorp.sg NI Product Owner

Yes, the bundled software serial number is already registered in your account even though the hardware serial number is no longer in your account. You can download and re-install the software, and it will still receive updates.

9. hologroove

hologroove New Member

Is there an official help article about this process on the Native Instruments support site? I would like to link to that in my ad about selling my Maschine MK3 hw.

10. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

There’s not much that the buyer needs to do, so long as you’ve set up the license transfer on your end. It may take a day or two for NI to respond, but once they do, you just send the buyer a Transfer ID and a link where they can sign into their NI account and complete the transfer. Very easy all around.

11. Matt @ NI