1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

who needs pioneer needle search with touch screen!

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by manoob, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manoob

manoob Forum Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aREdW0Rwc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aREdW0Rwc[/ame]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9aREdW0Rwc?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9aREdW0Rwc?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. viceversa

viceversa Forum Member

cool but who needs a touch screen when you have the S4? I really never even touch my computer when im spinning as nearly everything is available from the controller. loading a track is much easier by simply pressing the load button and I find seeking through a track is easy enough by holding the shift button and spinning the jog wheel.

3. manoob

manoob Forum Member

you are right loading track is easier using s4 but the needle search using touchscreen is faster and much easier than using mouse or jog wheels and shift.
    anyway touch screen laptop will be the standard within few years, and ni should think of ways to implent it better with traktor in future with an touch screen layout.
    still it didnt cost much getting a touchscreen either .
    850£ i7 8 gb ram 1 terrabyte harddrive ati 1gb
    latency of 5ms

4. Sonika

Sonika NI Product Owner

I noticed that Pioneer implemented needle search in their DDJ-T1. It's pretty handy, so who know's NI will implement it in a future update of the S4. To be honest I've never ever missed it though:)

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Needle Search is just the regular midi command 'Seek Position'.
    Its been in Traktor for a long time , u just need a strip potentiometer (apparently).

6. manoob

manoob Forum Member

hi karlos , will ni make an touch screen layout for traktor in future?
    they really should use x-y efx layout for it as well!

7. Hetchbend

Hetchbend NI Product Owner

touchscreen is far from being a good input source.

as long as you don't feel you buttons it is just something very nice for the nerds but my personal opinion is that you won't see it very often.
    You need to feel your buttons and faders.
    It's not very nice to always look on a screen as a DJ. Maybe this screen is very good looking but hey, what DJ wants his audience to stare at his monitor? A DJ wants the crowd to dance!

8. manoob

manoob Forum Member

an x-y efx setting on touch screen would be cheaper , pluss giving you a different way to use your efx. on filter if x is frq and y resonance you could get instant changes the could spice up your mixes even more!
    i like using touch screen now for needle search as instantley i change to which part of track i wanna go to, saving my self time.
    pioneer has allready implented touch screen on their flagship mixer djm 2000.
    have you seen the frequency crossover on it. its indeed very cool!
    i guess laptop djs would have been called nerds some years back!
    i believe more possblites are there in using touch screen and a cheaper way than having an controller with touchscreen. on i pad it is allready used with traktor.
    a better implentation of touch screen will happen sooner or later so ni should do it sooner and be the software who stays ahead of it competitors!
    the best thing with touch screen laptop would be you would just get an software upgrade for changes.
    there are only pluss for users to get more options to implent touch screen in traktor which like i said will happen sooner or later. i just hope sooner!
    ---
    ps when you know your hardware software well enough you wont be staring at it to much, it becomes a second nature!

9. Karlos Santos

To be honest i dont know.

Im sure if you develop your Features Suggestion thread, those that are into it will join in and NI will be listening.

10. The Fosta

The Fosta Forum Member

If you search you tube for "dj emulator" ......

11. Karlos Santos

You get some dude standing in front of a massive window and looking like hes wiping bogies on it whilst Traktor plays.;)

Most ridiculous thing i have EVER seen.:)

12. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

You can already use x/y pads with Traktor on iOS applications like touchOSC, and needle search could easily be implemented too.

13. manoob

manoob Forum Member

it would be great if it was implented in traktor it self.would make a lot easier than bring an i-pad ...... and no need to run more programes . and you dont need a nother software for needle search just an touchscreen laptop.
    touch osc seems to be for i-pad and i-phone i believe. still looks good.

14. Karlos Santos

A HUGE issue with most touchscreen laptops under Win 7 is that they do not support multiple cursors so you can only DJ with one finger at a time (or so ive been told).

There is no way in hell that NI could tackle this issue so until this changes i cannot see a single second being wasted on it on the NI labs.

15. manoob

manoob Forum Member

i have an multitouch win7 laptop. and can use up to 4 fingers at a time.

16. padi_04

padi_04 NI Product Owner

but can you control different parameters in traktor at once?

17. manoob

manoob Forum Member

depends of the software you are using if it is implmented in the software yes you can.
    (i have games where i use 4 fingers to do stuff at once)
    right now in traktor you would use it as multi touch mouse pad where i guess it could be use for zoom in n stuff or pushing and draginging but i really dont think you can do much else without an tochscreen layout and multitouch implmentation in the software it self.but i dont see that as aproblem as i would usually do one thing at a time.

18. The Fosta

The Fosta Forum Member

19. manoob

manoob Forum Member

iis that traktor if so where can u find the layout for that?

20. viceversa

viceversa Forum Member

yes and search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.